the gangs orientations

These are just my opinions :)

----------

Darry: he/him and bisexual (lean for women). Out to the gang but refuses to tell anyone else about it. He thinks it's embarrassing and he doesn't want people to see him any differently because he likes men as well as women.

Soda: he/him and pansexual. Soda just loves everyone. If the person vibes with him, there's potential. He's not as educated as Ponyboy would be, but he's just happy to be there. Out to the gang and a few people outside of that friend circle.

Ponyboy: they/them and bisexual (lean for men). I feel like they're just super educated on this stuff and found out that this makes them comfy. Open to the gang but is just nervous about other people finding out and being mean.

Johnny: he/they and gay. Being Ponyboy's friend, I just feel like he's also educated. They enjoy hearing they over him, but both make Johnny happy. Open to literally only Ponyboy because they're just that nervous. Although he is aware that the rest of the gang has no issues with it. Just needs baby steps.

Steve: he/him and gay. So deep in the closet that it's painful. He refuses to even admit it to anyone. Including Soda. Which is serious. Plenty of internalized homophobia. His dad also caused a lot of trauma so he just refuses to open about deep topics. Brought it up to Soda one time and then brushed it off. Never spoke of it again.

Two-Bit: he/they and pansexual. He's just so open with everything that's its not even surprising. They loved blondes of all genders. Will literally tell anyone when he's drunk because he's just so confident. They don't care.

Dallas: he/him and bisexual (lean for women). Also really deep in the closet with internalized homophobia. Trauma plays a huge role in why he won't come out. Out to no one and probably would never be. This is a secret he would die with.