I Am Strange

Friday came to Drista like a reoccurring nightmare. She didn't want to witness it, yet she didn't seem to have much of a choice.

She walked into the hospital with Dream, Tommy, And Bruno. Unfortunately the night before, Karl broke his wrist falling down the stairs. Sapnap was taking care of him, but made sure to wish Drista the best before she left.

Tommy shivered slightly. "It's freezing in here."

"I'm totally warm." Drista teased him. She was wearing the hoodie she tried on a few days ago. Honestly, it needed to be washed.

"And who do you have to thank for that?" Tommy glared at her jokingly.

Drista giggled slightly. "You, thanks child."

They made it to the waiting area and sat down. Bruno sat by Drista with his head in her lap. Trying to provide her with as much comfort as possible.

Dream and Tommy sat on either side of her.

"You've got this Drista, don't worry." Tommy whispered a reminder to her.

"Thanks...I know I've got this, I just don't want it." Drista whispered back.

Dream still heard and put a hand on her shoulder. "I'm not losing my baby sister anytime soon."

Drista rolled her eyes and played with Bruno's slightly floppy ears. "You never know, death seems to take people away when you want them the most."

-

Drista walked into the room with her support team, and the oncologist. "Woohoo, Chemo again..."

Tommy went along with it and clapped his hands. "Woohoo, more drugs."

Everything went how it usually did. Drista laid on the bed and the oncologist asked a bunch of questions before beginning the treatment.

This time Bruno laid on the bed beside Drista. With his head on her stomach. Drista kept petting him, and he definitely took some of the edge off. Usually she'd be trembling, this time she just shut her eyes and tried to stay relaxed.

Tommy kept whispering the occasional motivational phrase. "You've got this woman, don't even worry about it."

Near the end of the session, Dream rubbed her shoulder. "Almost done, are you alright?"

Drista nodded slightly in response.

The session was over before Drista knew it. Bruno really did help ease some of her anxiety during treatment. Which she really appreciated.

After a few questions and tests to make sure she was good to go, they started walking out.

"That wasn't as stressful for you, was it?" Dream asked her.

Drista shrugged. "I mean...it was still a little hard to cope, but Bruno helped me not be so scared."

Tommy smiled "you did well, I will treat you to a bottle of Apple juice." Tommy stopped in front of a vending machine.

Drista wheezed. "apple juice? Seriously? Wow thanks for spoiling me."

Dream laughed. "Tommy, you can't be that cheap if you want to get a girlfriend. They like fancy dates, and expensive gifts."

"Well that's a bit sexist." Drista slapped Dream's arm.

"Pfft- sorry, you're probably right!" Dream apologized quickly.

While Tommy was using the vending machine, Drista saw a familiar face walk by. The girl stopped just ahead of them and took a seat.

"Natalie..." Drista whispered under her breath.