"25,000" He informs me. I smile because of how easy it was for that amount of money.

"Did you get it?" I ask referring to Souline's gift. He nods and goes back to his seat.

He grabs this bag and I see it's already boxed up. "So, who's this famous Souline," he wiggles his eyebrows and I elbow his arm.

"What? I saw the necklace and the hoodie. You think I don't notice this shit?" He says while crossing his arms.

"It's just this girl I met. She was actually gonna come out today but there was a change of plans. She wanted to meet you after I told her about you," I state. That's all the context I'm giving him.

"Kayden. Carter. Devlin. You like her," he teases me.
I do not like her. As a friend yes, but other than that there's nothing else.

"I do not. We barely know each other. We've just been hanging out and I barely found out today is her birthday from this homeless guy we met while hanging out." I explain to him. I watch as people start to leave the bleachers.

"Mhm. So when does Kayden Devlin give gifts or have girl- friends. And giving them gifts? That's a first. No way y'all are just friends," he says crossing his arms.

"What's her name again?" He asks me. He's looking at me like he's studying me.

"Souline Sinclair," I state. I really don't know where this is going.

"That's a different name. Never heard of her. Does she live around here?" he interrogates. Why is he asking so many questions?

"Yeah, really close actually." I tell him while watching cars pull off the track.

"So if I ask someone about the name Souline, they'll know her?" he questions me. What's happening?

"Yeah, I guess. I don't know?" I say disoriented. I feel like I'm looking at him, like I'm staring at a math problem I don't understand.

"Okay. So if I do find this 'Souline', I'm gonna ask her if we could hang out." He tells me while putting his hat back onto his head.

"What?" I say addled. I'm so lost right now. We're now walking to his car.

"Oh you know, like get to know each other. You did say she wanted to meet me. Now I want to meet her."He says smiling.

"No." I grumble. Who does he think he is trying to talk to my Soul.

"Why not? You don't like her, this shouldn't mean anything," he chuckles while reaching his car.

"Stay away from her." I say harshly. I open his car door for him and push him in. I'm tired of his bullshit.

"Kayden, I'm just playing. I just wanted to to see how you would react and by the look of it, you were jealous." He says while starting his Camaro.

"Yeah yeah, get out of here." I chuckle. He drives away and I start walking back to my car.

I get to my car and get out of the racing track. I start heading to Souline's apartment.

Once I arrived at her complex, I head to her apartment number starting knocking on the door.

"Souline!" I call out which sounded more louder that I thought.

"What?" I hear a voice reply, she sounds tired.

"Soul?" I call out again which sounds more of a whisper.

"Why're you here Kayden? Go back home," she shouts from behind the door. I could hear a creak on the floor so she's near the door.