03

*SOULINE'S POV*

What the hell?!

I suddenly get woken up by someone picking me up. Kayden.

He was just hugging me and I guess when he turned over, he brought me with him.

He looks so cute when he sleeps. His hair is all messy and his eyebrows are now furrowed. His face is perfect. I get the urge to trace his face and that's what I do.

I bring my finger around his lips then his eyes when he then opens them. I did not just do that.

I'm in panic mode right now. I quickly shut my eyes pretending I am sleeping.

He gets his head off my shoulder and looks up at me. Why? I try so hard not to smile but it's no use. I was caught.

"I know you're awake Soul," he tells me with his head up snuggling onto me.

Ooh busted!

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you, let's say it was just a habit tracing peoples facial features," I shrug trying to make it very realistic.

"Mhm." He doesn't believe me. He looks at my eyes to see if I'm lying and I am certain I am not. "Don't stop," he said suddenly.

"Ooh so you do like it when I do that," I tease him. He just smirks and lays his head back on my shoulder waiting for me to continue.

I continue tracing his face for the next couple minutes when he groans and gets up. He stretches out of bed and I can see his abs which are perfect.

He sees my reaction and just smiles.

"I have toothbrushes in the drawer in the bathroom if you need it," I suggest just in case.

He heads to the bathroom and I go to the kitchen.

He's probably hungry so I make all the breakfast related foods I have stuffed in my pantry and start cooking.

As I'm whisking my eggs for scrambled eggs, Kayden comes out with wide eyes looking at the french toast, pancakes, waffles and omelets I have already on the kitchen table.

"Are ya hungry?" I really hope he is because I know damn well I cannot finish all this food. Even if I couldn't finish it, I would probably go down to the city again and give it to the people on the street who are in need of food.

"Uh yeah sure thank you for this by the way," he thanks. He still doesn't have a shirt on but he does have his grey sweatpants on. His tattoos are on display. They're so detailed. I wonder what they mean.

"Do you live far from here," I ask while pouring the scrambled egg mixture onto the pan.

"Not really, probably 6 minutes away," He answers looking straight at me.

"Have you lived here long?" I question. He asked my a bunch of questions when we met so it's only fair if I return the favor.

"Not long, a couple years," he answers again. Why is he looking behind me?

"Oh well, why did you put my address on the gps if you've lived here for a couple years. My neighborhood is not very unknown," I wonder.

"Never heard of it. Oh and by the way, your eggs burnt," he tells me.

I quickly look behind my and see the pan is on fire. What the hell?

"Why didn't you tell me before the whole thing caught on fire?!" I tell him angrily.

I put the pan under the sink's faucet and run the cold water. All I hear was the satisfying sound of a sizzle.

He doesn't answer my question and just shrugs.