Chapter 7 | shooting practice

Start from the beginning

Carl found more people in the prison I think they are called Sasha, Tyreese and others that I can't remember the name of. Maggie and Glenn are safe from that man, Rick and the others brought them back.

Anyways it was night and I was in my bed in my cell, I meant room.

I was trying to get to sleep but it was one of those annoying restless nights. I was bored and not tired at all but I didn't want to wake Carl up.

"Are you awake too?" I heard Carl comment which startled me a little cause I could've sworn he was asleep.

"No I'm asleep," I sarcastically reply.

"Ok ok no need to get mad." Carl says innocently, "I asked my dad if he can help teach you how to shoot tomorrow."

"Well what did he say?" I question impatiently.

"He said yes." Carl says making me sigh yesss. "So be ready early tomorrow." Carl warns. So tomorrow is a new me I have decided I will become a Walker killing machine.

"Night Cowboy boy." I say sleepily while getting comfy in my covers.

"Night N/N." Carl replies.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
*~time skip~*

It was early the next morning I was up and outside in the courtyard with Rick, Carl and Daryl. I'm not quite sure why Daryl was here but he was.

"Ok you wanna learn how to shoot a gun, correct?" Ricks asks me pacing around like a teacher.

"Yes." I reply. That is why I am here.

"Good cause that's what your going to do." Rick demands. Then he picks up a gun he has and gives it to me.

"Right see this," He points to a latch thingy "this is the safety make sure that is turned off when you are going to shoot, which will not be today we will work up to that." I just nod but I want to just shoot not do all of this.

"Dad not trying to be a buzzkill but I think she actually wants to shoot." Carl added I nodded my head and replied "I think the sooner
I learn the safer I am right?"

"Ok, ok I'll teach you," He says finally agreeing with us. "So hold the gun up ALWAYS AIM HIGHER WHERE THE HEAD IS." He starts aiming at the can we had put on the side. "And take your time really aim where you want to shoot, put your finger on the trigger here and push then BAM." He shoots the gun hitting the can making it bounce off. Daryl just sits there watching.

"Now your turn." Rick demands I walk up to where he stood while Carl quickly puts the can back and runs to where he was before.

Ok safety off. Check
Ok make sure it is aimed at the 'head' or at the can in this case. Check

Now you gotta put your finger on the trigger and BAM. A bullet fires out of the gun it is really loud and my ears hurt a bit. I also missed the can.

"It's ok that was a good first try." Rick replies. Daryl then finally buts in "hey kid, try it one more time. Your not bad."

Ok here's the second round.

Safety off. Check
Aimed at the can. Check

I placed my finger on the trigger and braced myself for the loud noise when it shot. I realised I had missed the can by centimetres.

"I'm just bad," I say. "No try one more time." Rick insists.

"No I'm just waisting bullets." I comment I'm not exactly sad just disappointed. "Oh come on kid." Daryl says.

"Y/N one more time you only missed twice that's not even bad." Carl says walking up to me. "Look," he grabs my arms and helps me aim it at the can.

"Little bit lower," he says still gripping on my arms which made go a slight shade of red. Also his dad was watching which was embarrassing. "Now shoot." He instructs, I press the trigger again the loud irritating noise hitting my ears.

But this time I hit it. "Yesss I did it." I screech hugging Carl who hugs me back straight away without hesitation.

"Good job but now do that about 20 times at real walkers." Daryl says.

"Haha very funny, I will just practice until I can 'do that about 20 times at real walkers' I say mimicking Daryl.