Chapter 13

Just a heads up chapters 11 and 12 have been rewritten so before you read this I highly suggest re-reading chapters 11 and 12

Stop, drop, and roll. It's what they tell you to do when you're on fire, visibly; but what about when you're on fire from the inside. I can't stop, drop, and roll for that. I clench my fist and listen to what the man that's supposed to be my Dad has to say.

He adjusts his tux, "Now that you're all here I hope you know that means you're working for me again."

"Yeah because you wouldn't want anything to do with us unless it's for your dirty work." Nick crossed his arms letting out a deep breath.

"It would be a different story if you guys never ran in the first place, Nicholas."

"What about the twins?" Madalyn choked.

Twins? Does she have twins?

"Esmeray and Easton didn't run? So where are they?"

"If you'd let me finish talking, I'd tell you three the rules."

"Rules?"

He glares at me, "Now that you're all listening, just know I'm only telling you these rules once: one don't try to escape, we have top-notch security and I will lock you away, two you will train and go on missions as I tell you. None of you will be working alone you will work with Jackson's team, and three never fail your assigned mission. Do you all understand?"

He obviously takes our silence as a yes.

"Great, Blake take Mallory to her room. Nicholas and Madalyn stay in here please."

Blake tries grabbing my arm. I swat his hand away of course. I follow him into the elevator and the silence lingers. I can feel his gaze on me. The elevator door opens and I continue following him down the hall, there are big glass windows to the left of me where I can see the city from. At night it's beautiful.

"Here's you're room princess." Blake smiles.

I shoot him the middle finger as I walk past him into the room. It has a bed of course, but there's no tv...a room without a tv? That's irrational.

"Ok, bye Blake," I say while trying to push the door shut.

He places his hand on the door fighting my push.

"Come on Mallory, seriously as old friends. No harsh feelings?"

I stop pushing the door.

"No Blake there will be harsh feelings because you brought me back here, maybe if you stopped to think that my brother and I ran for a reason." I stop to let him talk but he says nothing. "Exactly, you're so lucky that I don't kill you. Now like I said bye Blake."

I slammed the door.

I sit on the bed which is very soft, I place my head on the pillow while also bringing the blanket up to my shoulder. Finally, I close my eyes.

***

I wake up to knocking on the room door. I get up squinting because of the sun shining through the big ass window in front of my face.

I open the door, "What."

A tall man stands in front of me, he hands me and bag and some clothes, "Get ready and meet with your father and Jackson in the training room. Dallas will be here to show you where."

He closes the door. The bag is full of toiletries, I hold the outfit in front of me it's an all-black skin-tight jumpsuit. We just got here and he's already sending us on a mission.

That sounds just like Tristen Kane.