Background to Entry #2

(Jacks POV)
  Coming off of the train, I felt nervous. I am moving to this small town that I know nothing about, with people whom I don't know.

"Welcome to Town Birch!" A small woman greeted me at the station. "I hope that you will enjoy your time here, as everyone is kind, and will accept you no matter what!"

"Thank you Miss... I hope i will fit right in!" I sat down in the carriage, and was taken through the woods, to the small cottage homes that were spread behind the tree line.

  "These are the only homes here in Birch, as it is a small town, everyone is quite close with each other." She had told me as we were stepping off the carriage. 

We walked down the small brick path, to my small home.

"Here is where you will live, if you need any sort of upkeep, you can ask any man here and they will help you!"

"Thank you so much Miss!" She hopped back onto the carriage, back to the station.

The home was a little run down, but I could manage.
I walked inside the small place, it was actually quite roomy in here, had a small fire place for the winter, and a decent kitchen, with a decent bedroom right next to it.
——————-——————-——————-———————

Throughout the day, people came by my home to welcome me. They treated me with desert, and house warming gifts, some handmade. It all died down, until there was a knock at the door around evening. I went to go open the creaky door.

"Hello! My name is Lily Jane. I live right down the path at the end of it. Welcome to the town!" She greeted me with a huge smile, she was beautiful and I was breath taken by it, I was speechless.

"Uh- I, Hi Lily, my name is Jack!" I couldn't speak.

"Hi Jack, nice to meet you," she extended her hand out for me to shake, I shook it, "if you need anything at all, my fiancé is a farmer. He sells milk, pork, wheat, eggs, honestly anything. Just let us know!"

Did she just say finance?

"Oh wow, thank you so much, I appreciate it."

"Of course!" She smiled once again, leaving my doorstep.

I closed the door.

She was stunning. The most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life. But she is engaged, I can't think about her at all, for the consequence will be too high. But I needed her, I wanted her.

I threw open my door, "wait! Lily!" I called out to her, "why don't you come inside so I can get to know you better?"

She turned around and stared at me for a moment.

"Oh Jack, of course," she nodded her head, her fingers intertwined with one another.

I could feel it from her that she felt the same way about me, even just seeing her for the first time. I want this woman, and I want her to know that when the time is right.

That evening we talked about why I moved here, what family I have left, how old we each are. The whole time I couldn't stop staring at her lovely green eyes, with her brunette hair. Stunning.

We talked for a while, and I escorted her to her home. Her finance wasn't home from farming quite yet. It was hard to leave her alone.

I thought about her on the way back to my house, while I ate dinner, while I bathed, and while I lay in my bed, unable to sleep.

I hoped to god that she was thinking about me too...