Diary Entry #2

October 20, 1830
  It was quite a chilly morning, seemed like December was coming around the corner like next week. 

James picked roses from the neighbors yard, their petals being crispy from the cool air, no humidity. The roses were so lovely, I set them on the uneven desk in the small living room.

  Someone new had moved into town yesterday, and he was very kind. You saw into his eyes and it was like you were looking into the ocean. His name is Jack and he is only 18 years old. He told me that his family died of Cholera, and his eldest brother, John, moved to the states last year with his wife and three kids.

Jack, to me, seemed like an honest man...

Last night I just couldn't stop thinking about him, although I am engaged to a handsome man, that I'm not quite sure I love that much.

I had the thought of laying in bed with him, and kissing him... it was foolish of me to think of such thing last night while I was lying next to my fiancé. I couldn't help myself...

He had olive skin, faint freckles on his nose and cheeks, light brown hair and lovely blue eyes. He is a very handsome young man...

I cannot think of him like this, as I could be seriously punished, like death.

If anyone ever finds my diary, I will be doomed, I will be hung and his life won't matter to anyone anymore as he will have the same punishment as me, or to be imprisoned until he dies.

This young man was in my thoughts all day today, even when I kissed my husband goodbye before we went to the farm.

How could I be so naive?
I feel like I already have feelings for this man... although I had just met him yesterday. I'm the youngest woman in our little town, no one else could be good with him, except me.

I plan on talking to him some more tomorrow, while my husband is tending to the livestock. I need to know more about him, and if I want to risk it all...