Chapter 14: A Storm is Brewing

Start from the beginning

"No, I am not. It was a very unkind thing to do. I am sure Nino will give you all the details that you've missed anyway. I'll meet you back in class. I know Morgana is in great hands now," Marinette chirped as she walked past the surprised group.

None was more surprised than Lila. Where was the love for Adrien? The one thing Lila was looking forward to the most was outing Marinette's crush to everyone. What had she missed? She needed to find out right away.

.....

Now back in class, Marinette watched Adrien sit at the front with hunched shoulders. While she had missed the lecture from the teacher, of which she was fairly certain she would make Morgana apologise for some bizarre reason. Adrien turned his head, who looked sore from crying but Marinette chose not to look at him. This only made him more upset. Her mind wandered to the competition. She had voted for Aurore on outstanding student and filled in students from other classes. She didn't vote for anyone in hers. Obviously. She wondered who they would vote for. Lila obviously.

At that moment, the rest of the class poured in. Everyone looked at Adrien warily but said nothing as they took their seats.

"Alright class, I need to go and talk to the principal to see if I can talk to Adrien's father on the phone. No fighting while I am gone," Miss Bustier said as she headed out of the room. There was a long pause. Then someone broke the silence.

"So, Adrien, if you disagree with me about something, should I be wearing my helmet around you now? Wouldn't want to get knocked over," Alix said with a frown.

"I didn't mean to!" Adrien said in exasperation.

"Sure, you didn't," Kim said with a glare.

"You haven't even said sorry to Morgana!" Sabrina said, causing a stir of agreements to go about the classroom.

That thought hadn't even crossed Adrien's mind with everything that Marinette had told him. He turned his head back to see Morgana looking at him with her green eyes. It was almost as if they were staring into his soul.

"Morgana, I am really sorry for what happened. I don't know what came over me," Adrien said. It was a sincere apology, and he was hoping he wouldn't be pulled out of school for this.

"Alright. A-Aren't you forgetting...someone?" Morgana asked; everyone being aware that she didn't accept his apology. Not that anyone blamed her. Bar Lila of course.

"Uh...?" Adrien said in slight confusion. Marinette connected the dots, however.

"Luka," Marinette answered.

"What about him?" Adrien asked, a little annoyance coming back at the mention of that guy. It was his fault for making him mad in the first place.

"You insulted him a lot today. You owe him and Juleka an apology. Although she doesn't want to speak to you so that's her decision," Marinette said, looking at the girl in question, who smiled in thanks.

"Right... Juleka, I am sorry I was rude about...Luka," Adrien said, although a twitch in his brow wasn't missed by some.

"That didn't sound as sincere," Max said warily.

"Apology not accepted," Juleka muttered, turning her head to the window.

"That is fair," Marinette said calmly.

"Oh, come on Marinette, just because you like Adrien, doesn't mean you have to rub your new boyfriend in his face," Lila said teasingly, making some girls, aside from Rose and Juleka laugh.

"Thank you, Lila but I don't like Adrien. Nor do I have him as a crush anymore," Marinette said firmly.

Cue the breaks in the girls' heads. Marinette was slightly annoyed at them. While Lila knew from the start that she had liked Adrien, Alya had broken her promise to keep the crush details a secret, as had the other girls. Lila still wasn't done stirring the pot. She was so sure Maritrash was dating Luka just to make Adrien jealous...but that didn't seem the case now.