⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟒𝟓

Start from the beginning

yunhee took out the remaining three necklaces from her pocket, giving one to donghyuck and then two to jaemin.

"promise me you'll give this to jisung. i'm begging you." she said, forcing him to clasp his hand around it.

"what? i mean i will, but why?"

"it has a protean charm on it. i want to be able to stay in contact with you all. so please always wear it and try to hide it because it can't be found out."

"if the wrong person gets ahold of it, we'll be discovered. it'll lead them straight to us." renjun added and the two put their necklaces on.

"we promise." donghyuck mumbled, holding the pendant between his fingers. he knew it would be perfect for constantly reminding him of her.

"guys... we forgot about these death eaters." mark said, kneeling in front of one of them. "this one's awake. he probably heard everything."

"i'll wipe his memory." jaemin said. jeno let go of him and he took out his wand, performing the spell.

"where are you going now?" donghyuck asked.

"we don't know. we can't stay here or on the streets." mark replied. "what about you two?"

"we'll have to go back before our parents realise we're gone. i live with jaemin now."

"right, because my sisters best friend was forced to marry your brother." renjun scoffed, a bitter taste in his mouth.

"hey, hyejin is my sister. as much as i love being family to donghyuck — not really," jaemin said and the latter elbowed him. "i didn't want my sister marrying a git. he treats her terribly and they're always fighting."

"my parents are expecting her to fall pregnant, but she won't let him anywhere near her. we won't either. we're doing our best to keep them away from each other. he's my brother. i know what he's like..." donghyuck added.

"tell hyejin i love and miss her very much and to stay strong because i'm going to get her out of there. i swear." yunhee said, balling her hands into fists.

"i will, but i'm sure she knows that. she misses you, aerin and jia just as much." jaemin replied, wrapping his fingers around her fist and opening it so he could slip his hand into hers.

"we should go." jeno said, peering out the window.

"we have to as well." donghyuck told them. "if you're ever in danger, alert us. we can try our best to hold back the death eaters or if we know they're going to attack you, we'll alert you."

"thank you." yunhee sighed, bringing the two into a hug.

"i'm allowing you guys one chance to group hug." donghyuck said. chenle cheered and wrapped his arm around them, dragging mark with him. jeno and renjun joined as well and they stayed like that for a few seconds before separating.

"we'll go now."

"one more thing!" yunhee grabbed jaemin's arm. "let jisung know i'm still here for him and he's not alone, so he shouldn't give up. and you two, remember, we'll fix this and everything will be okay soon."