Chapter Four

"We just wanted to see how your first day is going. We saw some woman go out and we just assumed it was M. Williams's woman of the week," Makenzie said and I nodded and I just wanted to shake the memory out of my head. They started to laugh and I glared at them.

"Anyways we were wondering if we are still on for l-" Drew gets cut off my my phone going off.

"Williams Corporation how may I help you," I ask

"Aubrey it's Ashton  , be ready at noon we're having lunch together," he said and hung up. I looked up and gave them an apologetic look.

"Sorry guys, maybe another time?" I asked and they nodded their heads and walked out to get back to work. I was finishing doing paper work for a couple hours and I got a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said not looking up because I was reading through papers signing them and all the work that needed to be done.

"Aubrey," I heard someone call out and I look up to see M. Williams. "Did you check the time it's noon,"

    I look down at my watch and I see the time and I whispered "shit" I got up grabbed my purse and we headed out. "Sorry sir, I was so focus on the papers I lost track of time,"  I told him and he just chuckle.

    We go out of the building and we head off to La Belle Rose which seems like it is going to be a fancy restaurant. We go into the car and it is a silent ride. There was a lot of traffic on the way and I saw there was an accident which only brought back memories. The image of that day came back to me and I froze.

*Flashback*

"Aubrey Look out!" I hear my sister scream and before I can stop something hits us.

    I blink several times and I look back to see Tara with her eyes closed and it doesn't look like she is breathing. I get out of the car and I fall because I'm a bit dizzy. I pull myself up and make it to her side. I open the door and I check for a pulse and there wasn't one.

    I fall to my knees and I start to cry.

"Aubrey" I heard a males voice

*Flashback ends"

"Aubrey?" I heard someone call out and I shook my head and looked around. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. Are we here?" I asked and he nodded. We get out of the car and we walk in.

"Reservation for M. Williams," Ashton   said and the waitress nodded and took us to our table.

    I didn't know what to do or what to say. I still felt a bit awkward after the incident earlier. I looked up to see him looking at me and I just gulped.

"Aubrey, what you saw earlier was really not what you think. She came on to me because we are supposed to get married. Our parents put us into an arrange marriage and all she wants is my money," he told me and I nodded. My feelings are everywhere right now. Seeing them this morning and the open wound of the memory of Tara. Everything is clashing together at once an I don't know what to do.

"Sir, as I said this morning it is not my concern. It is fine, what you do or who you date is none of my business," I said sternly deep down my gut drops but I barely know him so why do I feel like this.

    He sighs and he gave up trying to explain himself but really there is really nothing for him to explain. "I'm sorry Aubrey,"

"Don't be, it is not your fault so why be sorry," I told him and gave him a smile. At that very moment I got a call. "sorry I need to answer this,"