He only has to dig up the upper fresh layer of mud to find what he is looking for, or rather who. Living in the streets of the north, he have done many unspeakable thing. But he never thought this would also what he has to do to survive.

It was an accident, a desperate hit to live. The man attacked him out of nowhere after he was coming back from one of his huntings a few days ago. Jungkook, helplessly tackled on the ground had no other choice but to hit him with a rock his desperate hand could reach in the head. The man was out cold in a second.

That is when Jungkook noticed the man. He didn't look like a soldier and was already in the verge of death. His cloths were ripped and skin clawed out. He was dying anyways.

He died after a few hours from the bleeding on his side. With a wildly beating heart and horrified mind, Jungkook had hid his body under the ground after digging up with his bear shaky hands. That night when he reached the hut, the innocent eyes with which Y/n looked at him with had guilted him down to the pits of hell.

Mr. Min only swept his trembling fingers and muddy open from the front shirt with a studious gaze and passed him a small smile and a nod. Jungkook still doesn't know what that meant. And he guess he will never know.

He pulls the body out, immediately pulling his eyes away from the gruesome sight.

He did this. Even though he didn't kill him. He only used it for self-defense.

Before he could fall apart again, he remembers the words Mr. Min told him. Anything for survival.

He pulls himself together and with much difficulty, drag the heavy body out of the trees and into the opening again. He makes sure to looks over to the side to check on the female first. He still finds her next to her father's grave, her back facing him and quietly walks over to the back of the hut before she could hear him from a distance.

In panic, he doesn't think much about the living fire. After kicking down the dangling back door, he dips into the hut. He immediately feels the hot flames around and on him.

But he keeps moving till he finds the couch he used to sleep on. The soldiers need a prove, a body to know that however lived in this hut is burned along from the fire. This way they will let their guards down, knowing that no one is left lingering the woods. It will make life a bit easier for him and Y/n from now on.

Throwing down the body over the couch, he is quick to run for the escape before he gets stuck. Right as he is about to leave, he gaze flit across the area he found refuge in for the last months and they automatically land on the item sitting on the kitchen counter, still untouched by the flames.

He can feel the strange unbearable warmth in his sleeve and collar and knows he needs to get out right away, but he dips in further, listening to the push of his heart and putting back the logic from his mind.

Outside, Y/n is now flicking her gaze all over the open area and once she doesn't find that one too large and bulky figure, she is on her wobbly feets in a second.

Her heart hammers in her chest, breath getting heavy as anxiety seeps in to her bones. Worst of the worst scenario play in her head, gripping her mind. Did something happened to Jungkook? Did someone take him? Is he dead?

New tears sting her eyes. No. She can not bear to loose another one. Shaky legs taking clumsy steps ahead, she thinks of what he last said. He said he will be right back, but that was too long ago.

A loud gasp leaves her when she hears something falling from inside the burning hut. From the look of it, it seems the woods on the top finally fell in.

What if he is inside?

The horror she thinks of almost brings her to her knees again, especially when right after, she hears a cough in a distance.

Shivers running down her spine, she makes a run towards the hut. She sniffs, feeling her tears slipping past her eyes and into the air behind her. What would she do without him? He promised he won't leave but right now, he sounds like he is in pain. That is, if that voice belonged to him.

Trying to hurry her steps, she is stopped right before she puts that effort, by a male body showing up right in front of her.

She almost crash into him but stops her pace a few feets away, staring at him with wide terrified eyes.

It's him. It's Jungkook.

He also looks to be wide eyed and out of breath, as if he was also running to find her.

Her brows furrow as another tear escapes her. "I-I though.." Her breath cuts her off.

Jungkook stares at her trembling girl, eyes owlish. Realization sets in that he indeed took too much time and left her alone. Taking a few slow steps towards her, he finds himself calming down at the emotions in her eyes. This is the first time she has looked at him like that.

She was worried about him.

"It's okay. I'm here." He mumbles, hand slowly raising. "I told you i won't leave." Hesitantly, he swip his thumb under her eye, whipping away the salty drop.

He doesn't dare linger there and immediately pulls his hand back after that.

He watch her let go of the anxiety, breath slowing calming down. She trembles less now. And that is what allows her to notice the burn in his shirt.

"Why..?" She questions him, looking up to meet his gaze. He pulls the front material up over his collar bone when he feels her looking at it.

The cloth rub against his skin and Jungkook realize from the sting there that he got burnt when he was inside. He shakes his head.

"I just went to get the bag." He points to the side where there are a few bags they packed and hid away from the hut. "We have to move."

Y/n's stare doesn't move from his collar, only looking away after a few seconds. She looks to her left, eyes landing where the grave of her father is.

Biting her lips, she feels as if the ground is holding her down, not wanting her to move.

"Will he be fine here?" She mumbles to herself but it reaches him well.

His eyes softens, taking one more step towards her. He is now a lot closer than he has ever been and he thinks this is the first time that he have seen the little freckles dotting her cheeks and nose.

They are almost invisible and one must be close enough to be able to spot them. He think she looks adorable with them.

Unknowingly towering over her small figure, he whispers. "I am sure he will be at peace here."

She looks up, only being able to look at his face when she tilts her head up fully. The man is covered in dust and ash, his cloths burned from a few places and some places covered in blood from where he carried her father all the way back here.

She wants to stay a bit more. But seeing him working hard to make sure they are safe, she stops herself from whining.

She has to help him, not be a burden. So she forces herself to nod.

And with that, they starts their new journey.

-----------------