Control

Y/n stays laid back on her mattress for a second, before anxiety gets the better of her and she also gets up and carefully slide off the bed and run out of the room after Jungkook.

Once out, she finds him peeking through the door crack and with pitter patter steps, comes up to stand close behind him. "Where is he..?"

Goosebumps raise all over his body at the whisper of her words so close to his neck and he freezes, but dares not turn around. He knows she is close, and he knows she is shaking in fear in her little boots, worried for her father. He wish he could comfort her. But she will definitely run to her room after that, and that won't be because of the things lingering outside.

"I don't know." He sigh, momently distracted. He fails to notice the approaching shadow towards the hut. It's when a sudden force comes pushing in towards the door that he snaps out. He instantly backs far away and hears a gasp from behind him.

He is shielding her in instant with his body and ready his weapon ahead of him towards the interruption. They both are breathing heavily, letting their eyes adjust to the dark. They see the shadow shut the door quickly and the single thump of his heavy boots give him away.

A sigh of relief leaves past both their mouth and Y/n is jumping ahead in the arms of her father. "Baba." She hugs him tight to which the man chuckles a bit and hugs her back.

Jungkook lets loose his weapon in his grip when relief wash over him completely. The older man release his daughter with one last peck on the forehead before turning his attention to Jungkook.

The stress is visible on the young man's face and Mr. Min's eyes softens at it. "You alright?" He questions to which the young man shake his head.

"Honestly speaking, you are going to be the death of us, Mr. Min." Jungkook entertains to which the elder burst out laughing at.

Y/n stares at the bright smile on her father's face. It's the one that always bring up his adorable gums, one of her favorites. Than at Jungkook who's face also lit up in a soft grin. She can't help but admire their friendship. Unexpected and odd one but so genuine.

"Indeed, my son. This old man might even be the reason we won't get to the other side." Mr. Min jokes.

"Impossible." It comes out naturally in unison from the two youngers, causing them to turn to each other in shock.

Mr. Min flick his gaze between them, catching their faces erupt into red flames even in the dark. He chuckles and both Y/n and Jungkook immediately looks away from each other.

Y/n looms on to the back, figure shying away while Jungkook clears his throat, stepping in towards the older man. His hand grab the elder from his elbow and squeeze comfortably. Mr. Min returns his gesture in a quick welcome.

"It's because of you that we were able to survive for so long here. We need you with us when we get to the other side." Jungkook smiles at the man before him, eyes sparkling in admiration.

The older man smiles back, patting the younger's back before nodding his head towards the closed door. "The situation is not pretty outside."

"Yeah. Do they know?"

Mr. Min nods. "They finally sniffed us out. It won't be long before they attack. We have to leave tomorrow."

Y/n stills behind them, listening to them discuss about leaving the hut behind. They have been in this hut for ten months now, the last two when Jungkook joined them. This place has memories, the walls that kept them save for so long. And they have to leave it behind for survival.

There won't be any more houses or little shelters like this anywhere around this endless jungle. Meaning they have to travel and rest in the open air of the jungle. Stress ticks her head. How will she survive? With hygiene and her monthly menstrual, this is going to be too hard.

She sighs. She has to be strong if she wants to survive. No matter how hard it will be, hopefully in the end it will be worth it when she will have a place she can finally call home. The freedom her parents always told her about.

She just has to be ready for anything.

--

The voices of morning birds chirping is muffled behind the closed window. She had to keep it closed so that it won't give them away a little bit more than already. She walk towards her door and opens it, halting at the first thing she sees right before her.

Jungkook stands tall in front of her door, looking down at a piece of paper in his hand with furrowed brows. His head tilt up to meet her eyes and she instantly notice the lack of sleep there. They must have been up all night on a look out. There is no doubt her father is baring the same bags under his eyes.

Jungkook without a word pass her the little piece of paper, frown still visible in his face. She looks down at it, recognizing the writing of her father. She reads through it before snapping her head up at Jungkook with wide eyes.

Feeling just as bewildered, the man rubs a hand down his face. Y/n mouth part in disbelief. "Wha.. Why would he..?"

"We agreed last night that I will go." Jungkook states blankly, face giving away his disappointment. "I can't believe this."

She can see the doubt taking over the man. "Why wouldn't he just trust me?" He is speaking to himself but she can hear him. Her bottom lips turn upside down when she pouts.

"He trusts you." She reminds him. "That is why he left you behind."

He turns to her at that and she avert her gaze away, fingers playing with the paper. He slowly nods, as if realizing. The dearest thing to Mr. Min is his daughter. And that man sometimes leaves her back with Jungkook without a care. He really does trust him..

She moves away from her door and towards the small open kitchen. "Why would we need more hunt? We have enough."

"We might not be able to catch some when we travel. So in case, he decided we should have enough." He explains, walking towards the bathroom to wash his face.

He turns around just as he is about to enter the bathroom. He stares at her back as she walk around the kitchen and then flick his gaze towards the lock door.

Mr. Min trusts him. But sometimes, Jungkook should be the last one he should trust. Cause control does not stick in his bones for that long.

-------------------

This just gets better and better. Ya'll I'm fangirling at my own sexy ass. I'm having a literal blast. But I can't say that about our characters though. Hard times are coming and with hardship comes closure 😏😏😏😏😏

Hope you like the chapter. Leave lots of love in your way.

💜