Protect You

The day is falling quickly into rays of orange and yellow as the sun prepare to soon stop shadowing the sky. Anxious, the two young lad and lass are consumed in concern at the absence of the elder Mr. Min.

Jungkook is tight fisted right now, long leg bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet. His jaw clench. They were supposed to leave early in the morning today, but half day has gone by and the man who made all of this possible is gone like a wind. He is worried sick, guts twisting in at the bad feeling that is slowly spreading his body.

The female is also not in a good shape. Her lips are red and swollen from where she has been abusing them with her teeth, she is walking around the small space of the hut, eyes brimming and emptying in tears.

Jungkook takes a deep breath as she whips past him once again, leaving behind the floral sweetness that seeps from her body, calming his nerves a little bit. His eyes flick up to watch her, gaze unconsciously zeroing in on the red that plump her lips.

He sighs, looking away but she turn to him the next moment, making him turn his gaze back to her. He watch as she shift in her place. "Maybe we should go after him." Her soft voice only falls around him in a thin layer.

He blinks, brows furrowing slightly as he thinks. He thought of that before, but he is hundred percent sure that Mr. Min would appreciate it more if he keeps his daughter safe, rather than coming after him. He is sure the soldiers outside are still lingering and he is horrified that if he left for even a second, they will spill the blood of one innocent being.

"It's too dangerous outside." He slowly shakes his head.

But the female pout deepens at that. "But we will not stay here forever. We have to do this. Besides, baba said that you will... protect me.." Her cheeks flush in the end, doe eyes shifting down at her feet.

He smiles a little at that, staring up at her through his lashes as he is leaning his albows on his thighs. "Without hesitation." He whispers, observing the way her nose blush pink with her cheeks.

Her pupils are shaking as millions of butterflies erupt into her stomach. She unconsciously takes a step back, closing in on herself as she feels her walls build up more around her.

He immediately looks away to the other side after he feels her overwhelmed and intimidated. His tongue pokes the side of his cheek and his fingers trial over the gun resting on his side. If they are going out than she has to be armed.

"Do you have any weapons?" He questions, standing up from his place on the couch and petting down his worn out jeans.

Y/n nods, walking up towards her room door. "Baba gave me a knife. But I don't know how to use it.."

Jungkook ruffles the soft tuffs of his hair, turning to look outside the slightly open window. "Take it. I will teach you along the way."

With that, they ready their fits. Jungkook prepare a small bag containing other weapons and a flashlight while Y/n hides the knife into the cotton waist belt of her knee length frock and put her hair up in a messy bun.

In little time, they are exiting the door of the hut to the ourwide world. Y/n gulps, not remembering the last time she walked through these doors. Her father kept her hidden inside, away from the eyes of every soldier who walk the earth of this jungle.

He told her once, those soldiers are monsters. They are so hungry that they don't even care if it's a boy. If they knew that there is a female, living right under their nose in their own forest, than God forbid with what will happened.

A shiver crawl down her spine, freezing in her place. Jungkook stop when he doesn't feel her small presence behind him and turn around to her. And he is correct. She is shaking in fear in her place right outside the door, round eyes quivering at him and body turned into itself.