CHAPTER ONE

I was a 17 year old girl in my village living my sad, lonely, miserable, boring life till I met him. My parents died when I was 3 years old and since then I've been living with a Witch, she is my step mother, I call her a Witch because she's the most callous woman I've seen yet. She uses me like a househelp, making me do drudgery chores. “No one cares about you wretched fool”, she'd always tell me while bantering words at me and beating me up. The Witch had two daughters namely Lavida and Caroline, Lavida has proved to be a nice, kind hearted considerate person but I must say Caroline is just as her mother.
It was a beautiful morning, the Sun was so bright, the cock crowing and the birds chirping when I woke up. I got off my bed and went to the balcony of my room to see the sun, sing a song as I usually do every morning before anything else. After singing the song, I had my bathe, brushed my teeth and wanted to head out, then I decided to check the time, behold it was 7am already, I was so shocked and scared because the Witch was going to beat the hell out of me, she sends me on an errand every morning and usually tell me to leave home 10 minutes before 7am in the morning. I was so scared but I decided to get my shit together and go downstairs, I dodged my way downstairs. As I was about to open the door, I felt a thunderous whip on my back. I fell on the fall screaming in pain. I tried to explain myself but the witch wouldn't listen, she just continued beating me. Her daughters ran downstairs due to my cries and Lavida begged her mom to have mercy on me, Caroline stood at the other edge telling her mom to continue beating me. After the beating, she told me to get the hell out of her face.
I was in my room groaning in pains and weeping when Lavida came to comfort me and treat my wounds with the first aid kit. Not long after, the Witch barged in and shouted at me, get off the bed, you miserable idiot and go and wash the little clothes I dropped downstairs. I went downstairs in pains, on reaching there, it turned out to be 3 barrels of clothes containing Caroline's and the Witch's. “Little”, I said and chuckled in pains. I started washing the clothes, my nails broke in the process and I finished washing the clothes in the evening.
Let me brush you up on what happened during the time I was washing, Lavida went on a visit to her fiancee place, the Witch went out, well I don't know where she went to, all I could see was she carried a very big bag while going out, Caroline is with me at home but all she has been doing is changing clothes, putting on make up and inviting in several guys, she is a slut I must say.
In the evening, Lavida arrived with a package and goodies for me as she usually do whenever she goes out, not long after the Witch arrived. I had finish all my chores by the time she arrived. She inspected all I did and went into her room silently. Deep down, a part of me was happy she was silent because it attracted no trouble for me but on the other side I was bothered because the witch would never be silent this way. I decided to go upstairs, I walked into my room with the package and then I dropped it and jumped on my bed, I was so stressed out and exhausted. I slept off while reminiscing about my previous life, with my parents, it was a wonderful experience, I wish I could go back in time but I can't.