Memories

Percy POV

It had been several hours since Madam Pomfrey had disappeared with some murky green liquid, and Hermione was still asleep on my shoulder. Many people had come and gone within those hours: Harry, Ron, Ginny, girls I don't even know. Presents had been left by most people, but I didn't open them, I was going to wait until Hermione was up before I even budge a little bit. 

"Hey Percy," I looked up from my lap, noticing it was Harry on his own. He looked a bit guilty, ashamed almost. "I just, I wanted to say sorry?"

"Sorry?" I questioned. What had he done wrong? I racked my brains to find anything he had done wrong but found nothing, maybe he did something wrong and I didn't realise it? I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to keep still as Hermione wrapped her hands even tighter around my arm. I was confused now. "I don't recall there being any need for an apology. Are you sure you're alright Harry?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm sorry because I got you into this mess. Me and my stupid curiosity. If I hadn't gotten up and out of bed to go and see what was making the noise then you wouldn't have had to follow me and you wouldn't have almost died," He quickly poured out, looking down at his fingers as he fiddled with them. He actually thought all of this was his fault. I mean in a way it kind of was but I also didn't want to hold it against him, these things just happen. And it was better me than anyone else to be honest. No one else could have survived that spell. "I guess we were lucky that man came and saved us. We owe a debt to him."

"Don't say it was your fault - these things are bound to happen sooner or later. It's in a demi-gods nature to get hurt and almost die quite a lot. And plus, don't let Apollo think you owe him one, he will take that to heart and make you do something for him," I smiled, chuckling a little bit at my own small joke. I know how Apollo can get with debts. 

"Either way, we need to repay him," Harry nodded, ignoring my advice.

"The best you can do is go to the fire in the Gryffindor common room when no one is around and throw food into it. You're basically thanking him by doing that. But put lots in, especially sausage. He really likes sausage," I chuckled, reaching forward and giving him a friendly pat on his shoulder. "He'll appreciate it since you've never done it before."

"Really?"

"Yeah." I chuckled, "He really likes things with honey. Maybe throw him in some wizardry food, some weird stuff."

"You know, he's not exactly expected," Harry spoke, dropping his voice a little. I rose an eyebrow, motioning for him to continue as he looked around. "He looked... young. I always thought a God would look sort of, old?"

"Gods can take whatever form they want. Apollo is traditionally described as young and the most physically better looking than the others -so he just takes a younger teenager form. My father takes an older middle aged look, so do his brothers. It's just easier for them to look as they are thought to look," I replied, trying my best to explain it as Harry looked pretty confused. "You're extremely new to all of this, it is confusing at first to make sense of it all. After all I've had a good five six years in this world."

"Strange. Anyway I should probably go now, I have a couple of essays to be getting on with and i'm sure Hermione would want to be alone with you for a bit," Harry stated, standing up from his seat and sending me a quick smile before starting to walk away.

"Bye."

***

"Hermione," I whispered, looking down at her still sleeping face as she lightly snored. It wasn't cute like one would normally think, it was more an annoyingly constant noise. I sighed, kind of wanting my arm back. "Hermione, time to wake up."

She grunted a little, wrapping her arms tightly around mine as she snuggled more into my side. I glanced over at madam Pomfrey he quickly made her way over, squinting as she saw Hermione still on my bed. She scowled before shaking he head and flicking Hermione on the head. Hermione almost immediately woke up, shooting away from my arm and almost falling off of the bed before I caught her. 

"It's forty seven minutes past eleven. It's long past the time you should be in your dorms Miss Granger. Get going!" Madam Pomfrey snapped, motioning rapidly over to the large oak wooden doors.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Hermione giggled, smiling as she turned back towards me and planted a little kiss on my forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow Percy. Sleep well."

"You too."

I watched as she quickly half ran half walked out of the room, trying to be as quiet as possible. Madam Pomfrey snapped her fingers in front of my eyes, drawing my attention back to her as she grabbed a bottle from the nightstand and a spoon. It was the same vile liquid from earlier. "It's time for some medicine. This should help you to sleep like a baby for the rest of the night, hopefully it will also get you well onto the path of recovery so you can get out and I can have this bed for someone else."

"OK," I replied, preparing myself for the ghastly taste. I watched the liquid pour into a large spoon, making a strange gloopy noise as it did so. Madam Pomfrey set the bottle back down on the night stand before shoving the spoon in my face - I barely had time to open my mouth as she shoved it down my throat. "That is so gross!"

"Yes yes Mr Jackson, we know. You remind me every time," She grumbled out, stashing the bottle and the spoon away into a drawer before she looked back up at me and put her hands on her hips. "Sleep Mr Jackson, a sleep deprived body takes longer to heal."