Chapter 1

September 23rd, 2021

Dear diary,

I've been feeling weird lately. It's really worrying me. I've been to many doctors, and none of them knows what's going on. Perhaps it's a curse from God himself. I really want it to end. It's too painful. I don't know if I can handle it much longer.

I've had Alex to help me, nothing. I still feel the same. Perhaps it's the curse from what I've done. I've betrayed everyone. Mum passed because of me. I should've been better. I didn't even know who my father was. My sister passed in a fire. I swore to protect her, and I failed. I'm such a coward. I want it all to end. I don't wanna live, but I don't wanna die. I just wanna disappear.

וו

The boy closed his diary. He still feels as sick as ever, maybe even worse. Everytime he tried to sleep, he fails. He's gone without sleep and food for 2 weeks already. Wilbur himself doesn't even know how he survived. He rolled up his sleeve. The cuts were burning. His arms were so numb, he couldn't even feel the pain. He doesn't even feel tired. He doesn't feel anything, but sick and dizzy. No, not even that. He feels more of... dead?

Wilbur spotted someone walk down the hallway. It was Alex. He came and sat down next to the boy.

"Do you feel any better?"

The taller man shook his head as a sign of saying no. He didn't know how to cure this. Better yet, he doesn't even know what's going on. Nobody seems to know. The younger boy held his hand, trying to comfort him. Wilbur could feel how soft and warm his hand was. It was weird. He couldn't feel anything else though. Maybe luck was just on his side. He could sense that the younger boy was worried. Wilbur rubbed the younger boy's hand.

"It's all right. I'm fine, you don't need to worry."

Alex shook his head, "No, you're not okay. It could be a sign of you.. dying."

Wilbur knew well this feeling was way worse than dying. What could be the cause for this, and what was the cure?

"Alex, what if I just one day disappeared?"

"I don't know.. I just don't want to lose you though I-" The boy sighed, "You're just different from everybody else. And now you're just... cold."

Wilbur felt as if he was upset. There was so much sorrow in Alex's eyes. He could see it. He felt worried. It was weird. Why does he feel everything when he's with Alex? Maybe it was a clue, the clue to the cure.

Suddenly Alex got a ping from his phone, "Oh uh- I gotta go. I'll see you later, Will." He got up and walked out of the house.

Wilbur threw his head back. There must be a way to cure this. He grabbed his phone out and scrolled through Twitter.

A few hours later, he decided to go to his bedroom. He sat on the bed. He took out his phone and went to Discord.

Alex

Hey Alex

Can you come over?

Sure

When will you be here

Around 30 minutes.

Just hurry up

Alr

Then come to my room

וו

Wilbur put down his phone and started rolling on his bed. Few minutes passed by, then a few more, then a few more, until there was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

The door opened, and Alex walked right in. He sat on the bed next to him. His touch made him feel warm all the time. It was strange. He usually doesn't feel this way for anyone.

"You're going to sleep today."

Alex sets the bed, and gets under the blanket. Wilbur laid down.

The next day, Wilbur woke up. Alex wasn't in sight. So he grabs his diary and opens it.

September 24th, 2021

Dear Diary,

Something feels off. Whenever I'm with Alex, I start to feel calm. I've never really felt this way towards anyone. It's really odd. Maybe he was the cure to this.

Anyways, my scars are still here. They look as if they're burning, but I can't feel anything at all. My arms feel nothing but dead. Everything feels numb.

I feel better now though. Could've been because of the sleep I've gotten. I hope it cures soon though.

וו

The man got up and went to the living room. He saw Alex sitting on the couch, and he went to sit next to him. Alex looked at Wilbur.

"Hey, how was your sleep?"

Wilbur shrugged, "I don't know, decent I guess. Thanks to you."

"Well, I'll get some food for you all right?"

"I'm not hungry..-"

"I don't care, you're going to eat whether you like it or not."

Alex went to the kitchen. A few minutes later, he came back with a bowl of cereal and milk. He placed it on the table and gave Wilbur a spoon.

"Eat it or I'll make you." The boy demanded.

The man scoffed and took a bite of the cereal. He finished it later. Then he pushed the bowl away from him.

"I finished. Are you happy now?"

Alex smiled and nodded. He grabbed the bowl and almost walked off, until the older man cut him off.

"Wait- I'll do the dishes myself."

The younger boy shook his head, "No, it's fine, I'll do it."

The taller boy got up and took the bowl from his hand, "You've taken care of me too much already. Go have a rest."

Then he walked off to the kitchen. Alex smiled a little, biting his bottom lip. It was good to know that he cared. Although it was weird. He never usually feels anything. He shrugged it off and sat down on the couch.

וו

This is weird and makes no sense but who cares about clever plot lmao. Oh right, my readers. Sorry to disappoint you but this is all you get suck it up. So read or leave 😌