Chapter 6: Olive the Satyr

Start from the beginning

"You've got quite the company here," Dirella said, coming to the front. She was beckoning to the weary folk behind Olive. There were around twenty humans, all barely having acknowledged the group approaching them.

"Oh..." Olive glanced back, looking at the people behind her.

"They are refugees from O'Ganis, a town to the north. They were attacked by the vampire hoard..." She trails off, a solemn look on her face. Sylvia pales.

"Vampires? So far south?" Darian asks, face as shocked as Sylvia felt. Olive nodded.

"It makes no sense, I know. But they seemed wild, frenzied. They've been attacking villages all around, making their way south," she added. The villagers looked dismayed, their faces telling the tale of how they had lost everything. They had lost their possessions, homes, even loved ones.

"I sing to try and keep their spirits up, but they have walked for many miles now, and have lost so much. And without protection, they cannot sleep at night," Olive continued.

Sylvia was barely paying attention. Her mind was focused on the fact that the vampires were now openly attacking human settlements. They had ventured beyond the cold protection of the snow, and were doing so as the weather heated up.

Could this be the work of one of the blue eyed vampires? No, they were too smart, too calculating to attack during the summer months. After Ava had been killed, had one of them even stepped up to lead? Clearly not, as this was the act of someone reckless, someone insane.

Someone like Anthony.

"We can help you," Aliyah chirped, snapping Sylvia back to the present.

"What?" She blanched. Aliyah turned, nodding eagerly.

"We are headed to New Nortia too, we can escort you and the cargo," they reaffirmed. Olive seemed pleased at this, clapping her hands together in glee. Sylvia just looked at Darian, who shrugged in return.

That afternoon, the convoy had to set up camp a lot earlier than Sylvia would have liked too

That afternoon, the convoy had to set up camp a lot earlier than Sylvia would have liked too. With the added protection, the villagers felt safe enough to sleep for the night, and were eager to catch up on some rest.

"Aliyah, what the hell?" Darian whispered harshly. Aliyah looked shocked in return, their doe eyes wide with confusion.

"Whatever do you mean?" They asked, clueless. Sylvia sighed, her head in her hands.

"Offering to protect those guys, making them our responsibility. You should have consulted with us first, at least!" Darian exclaimed, waving his hands in the air passionately. Sylvia looked up.

"Leave them be, Darian. They didn't know any better," she said, making some form of attempt to stand up for her partner.

"From my understanding, hunters help humans, right?" Aliyah retorted. They seemed slightly pissed off, an expression Sylvia rarely saw on their flawless face. Their green eyes flashed with anger, brows furrowing together.

"Yeah, but not for free," Darian snapped right back. He was not in the mood for Aliyah to finally grow a spine. On top of looking after the weapons for Gregory, they now had to take care of a small group of helpless people. What more could be asked of them?

"We have done plenty of things for free," Aliyah said, standing. Their fists were balled up by their sides, and all seven feet of angry elf was a formidable sight.

"Oh yeah, like what?" Darian rose to meet Aliyah, however only stood around their chest height. However he still glowered upwards at them, his broad shoulders flexing under his lightweight armour.

"Saved the town from vampires, then proceeded to hunt the vampire hoard," Aliyah listed them off on their fingers. Darian, despite having no adequate response, decided to continue arguing anyway.

"I'm going for a walk," Sylvia muttered to Dirella, who was sitting on the grass nearby soaking in the last few days of sunshine. She nodded in acknowledgement, closing her eyes and tilting her head back. Trying in vain to block out the sound of bickering.

What do you guys think of Olive? I hope you love her!

As always make sure to like and comment. Remember I do R4R and L4L, so let me know if you'd be interested!