I'm Prentice, nice to meet you.

Hiiiii guyyyys! I have...10 reads! Yay! Ppl are actually reading! Thank you sooo much! This chapt is in the elite towers and if you remember, the black swan tried to recruit jolie but at first, she refused to join. I thought it would be fun to put prentice there instead of mr. forkle. Anways, Please Comment! Thx!

-biana_chase

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jolie reread her letter from Brant:

Dear Jolie,

Your the only thing that keeps me breathing 

and awake at night,

You brighten my day

and glow up my light.

You sparkle like stars

And you stole my heart,

But it broke in two

When we're apart

Love, Brant

Jolie wanted to cry and sob. She loved Brant a lot and she never wanted to go away from him. But Grady and Edaline thought otherwise. She had gotten this only yesterday but she'd read it thirteen times already.

Melina poked her head in. "Hey, Jolie. Ya ready to go? We might be late, you know!"

"Coming, Mel." Jolie said, shoving the paper in her school bag. Together, they walked to the row of classrooms. Mel left to go to the beguiler room (She manifested that) and Jolie went to the conjurers room. On the way she ran into a figure in a black cloak.

"Who are you?"

"Hello, Jolie."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prentice POV:

"How do you know me?" Jolie asked. Her eyes were fierce and a pretty turquoise color. The expression went well with her, clashing against her long blonde hair and slender arms. She was dressed in the silvery tunic and sparkling cape of an elite levels student and her cape was clasped in the Ruewen crest.

But there was something to her eyes. If you looked through the eyeshadow, you could see very dark circles underneath. There was something to those eyes that just had a sad feel to it. They looked broken and scared as if they had spent nights sobbing, unable to sleep.

Whatever had happened, and even though I barely knew her, I hoped she'd be okay. I'd seen dark circles like that on Cyrah and they happened when she was under pressure, stressed, or from lack of sleep. Jolie looked much sadder and wearier than how I'd pictured her.

I pulled myself together. "I've heard rumors, Jolie Ruewen." Trying to make her as comfortable as possible, I slowly lifted my hood. She looked shocked and surprised. 

"Who are you?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jolie's POV:

The mysterious man had dreadlocks and coffee-coloured skin. His eyes were a nice shade of icy blue, but warm and cozy at the same time. Surprisingly, he smiled. His smile was assuring, but there was sympathy in it.

"My name is Prentice. We have to talk."

After 20 minutes

"So...you're saying that the Black Swan was the good guys and the council lied again and you want me to join?" Jolie asked.

Prentice smiled again. "Yes. What do you think?"

Honestly, she didn't know. The black swan could get her in more trouble and she wasn't sure she believed them. She didn't think she had to or if she really wanted to at all.

"I'm sorry. But, not thanks."

Prentice's eyes grew a little sadder but his smile was as bright as ever. "I understand." He held up his pathfinder and placed a yellow crystal onto it. Then, he leaped away.

But then, it didn't stop there. The next day, the weirdest thing happened...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry I didn't put this chapter out! I forgot to publish it and well...you know.

Sry!

-biana_chase