I just want to hold you

Level 6

Jolie's pen touched the paper. She was supposed to be writing notes, but as she started, the pen began to draw, making graceful curves, and looping lines until she realized it was a very familiar face she had drawn.

Brant,Brant,Brant.

She knew she loved him. She knew she couldn't love anyone else. She knew he was talentless. 

But her heart...

Brant,Brant,Brant

Her head told her, No! You'll be a bad match!

But her heart wanted him, wanted to hug him, and she wanted to feel the touch of his soft lips as she pressed hers to them. She wanted the soft touch of his hand as his fingers curled around hers.

Jolie had tried so much to get a match list with his name, but she got some random people. 

How could she do that? She felt torn, scared, and just wanted to curl up and cry.

Brant,Brant,Brant

How much she wanted him. She knew she had to talk to her parents, and she knew they'd deny it. But she loved Brant so much...

I love you Brant, I love you so much.

Brant,Brant, Brant....

"Jolie?" A proper voice asked.

Jolie looked up from her sketch. "Yes?"

"What is the answer?"

"Uh, could you repeat it?"

The teacher looked unimpressed. "What is the hand movement to conjure something to another's hand and conjure something else to another's at the same time?"

Jolie hacked her brain to find the answer. Her mind wasn't cooperating. "I-I don't know."

"Hmph. Pay attention."

Jolie nodded her mind drifting of to Brant...

She kept adding to her drawing until the teacher gave her her test paper.

It had a 0 across it and a note: See me after class

Jolie grimaced. Her grades were dropping drastically, but she didn't care. What use was all this junk when she was going to marry a talentless?

Oh Brant.

After Class

Jolie nervously walked up to the desk. 

"Jolie. I wanted to talk to you about your grades.."

"Lady Drivelle-" 

Lady Drivelle held out a palm to stop her. "Jolie, your grades are dropping drastically." She paused. "You used to be top of the class. What happened? Why aren't you focusing anymore? Have you lost interest?"

"No, but-"

"Jolie, please. I want an honest answer."

Jolie let out a deep breath. " It's about my match list." She said.

"Oh? Why are you worried about that?"

"Because I got my lists and he's not on them."

"Who's he?"

"His n-name is Br-brant."

"Really? I know his parents."

"Then you've got to know his ability."

"What is it? I haven't been in touch."

Jolie choked a sob. "He's talentless."

Lady Drivelle looked away. When she turned back, her eyes were more gentle. "Sweetheart, marrige should be about love. But, it should also be a marrige you won't regret or be ashamed of. It should feel right. If you feel that way about Brant, then go for it. But think, is this what I want?"

Jolie tried to smile. "Thank you."

Lady Drivelle returned the gesture. "Your welcome, dear. I don't want my favorite student to fail!"

But as Jolie walked away, she thought, I don't need to think about it. I'm marrying Brant."