I'm marrying him

Hi guys! I just published this last night and I got 6 reads! I'm so happy! I know that a lot of you really great authors out there think this is nothing, but someone's reading my story! I'm so, so, so happy! If I get anything wrong or something, then feel free to comment me! Thanks!

-biana_chase

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edaline POV:

When Jolie got home, Edaline offered her custard bursts and a blitzenberry muffin, but she refused. She frowned. What had happened? Jolie was in love  with custard bursts and she liked blitzenberry muffins.

"What happened at school? What did you learn?" Edaline asked.

"Oh, the usual. We just, um, went over some stuff." Jolie said guiltily.

Edaline knew what happened every time Jolie said 'went over some stuff'. "You weren't paying attention, hmm?"

Jolie stared at the table, unfocused. "Uh, yeah..."

Edaline lifted her daughter's head to look at her. "You seem distracted."

Jolie jerked her head up. "Huh? Me? Of course not!" 

"Then why were you so late?" Edaline raised and eyebrow.

"Oh..." Jolie faltered. "Lady Drivelle wanted to talk."

"Why?" Edaline asked gently.

"My grades..."

"What about them, sweetie?"

"They're dropping."

"Do you know why?"

Jolie turned away. "N-no..."

"Okay. then. How about you go upstairs, eat, and play with Milly? I'll go over your homework if you like."

"Sure." She took the plate. "I'm going to hail Brant."

"Okay, dear."

After Jolie left, Edaline picked up her school bag and took out Jolie's homework. Half of them were wrong, but what surprosed her were the doodles.

Scribbles and drawings of a familiar face were sketched on to the paper along with hearts.

Brant.

Edaline knew Jolie used to have a crush on Brant, but it seemed larger now. 

A bigger sketch on the back showed a gorgeous drawing of herself and him at a wedding altar and her wearing a stunning white dress and him wearing an elaborate and finely stitched tunic with a long cape. Jolie held a bouquet of pretty flowers and their lips were touching as the kissed. Both looked so happy.

Edaline knew what her sister Juline went through when she was a bad match. Disgraced, and pushed away. Brant was a bad match for her and she knew it. 

Folded into the school bag were a few letters from friends.

Edaline read one of them:

Dear Jolie,

I know you love Brant and plan on marrying him. But consider this : he's talentless and will be a bad match for you.

And as your friend, I'm worried about you. Please remember this before choosing.

Your dear friend,

Melina

The messages crumpled up and in red ink, was written, NO.

She had to talk to Jolie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jolie's POV:

When Grady got home Edaline called them all.

Her hands were on her hips and her eyes her cast to the floor.

"What's wrong Eda?" Grady asked/

Edaline pursed her lips and loooked at Jolie. "Sweetie, I know this is hard, but are you marrying him?"

The question was so strange, that thoughts swam around her head, her heart beating her her head throbbing. But she knew her answer.

"I'm marrying Brant."