Chapter 3

The next morning after breakfast, Camilo had just finished helping clean up the dishes. As he dried his hands, 2 figures appeared around the wall coming into the kitchen.

"Camilo!" Dolores scared her brother.

"What do you want?" He complained.

"We're going into town, and you're coming with us." Dolores stated.

"Why do I have to?" Camilo asked.

"Because your little girlfriend is expecting you, remember? Unless you, I don't know, suddenly lost interest then we can just go ourselves-"

Camilo interrupted Isabela, practically begging as he said, "Wait no, I change my mind, I'm coming. Please bring me with you."

Dolores and Isabela chuckled menacingly and started walking towards the door as Camilo followed them, blind to their intentions.

As they walked through the village, Camilo and Isabela went on doing their thing with their gifts while Dolores watched and supervised.

Isabela grew roses all over the surrounding houses, and then grew one yellow rose nearby where Camilo stood, its stem was much longer in length, the reaching up about half of Camilo's height.

Camilo watched the flower bloom largely in front of him, then looked towards his cousin wondering about the sudden flower.

Isabela looked at Camilo then past him, watching someone else admire her flower. When Camilo looked ahead at the flower, he glanced up and saw Sophia, who watched the flower.

She then also glanced up, and began smiling when she saw Camilo staring back at her. She gave him a small wave and he copied, still jaw dropped.

The flower grew up towards Camilo, bumping into him. He side-eyed Isabela and Dolores who both made a subtle encouraging movement with their hands. Looking back at the flower he plucked it, leaving about 3 inches of stem connected, and then looked back up at Sophia who was now admiring the other flowers that grew on the building next to her.

Camilo looked back at his cousin and sister once more, conflicted over whether or not he should give the flower to Sophia.

Annoyed at his hesitance, Dolores whispered to Isabela, grabbing her attention from the crowd to grow another vine behind Camilo, giving him a firm push forward.

He quietly whispered'ow' as he fought with the vine, until another one grew and whipped his lower back, earned a short, high pitched yelp from Camilo which quickly grabbed Sophia's attention.

"Are you okay?" She asked in a worried tone that matched her expression.

"Whaaaaat, oh I'm fine." He trailed off into a nervous chuckle.

"This is for you." He said quickly as he shoved the flower in front of her, refusing to make eye contact.

From afar, Dolores slapped her forehead as Isabela snickered quietly.

Immediately noticing how awkward he was being made her try to figure out how to bring him back to how he was last night. She gently took the flower, accidentally brushing his hand making him tense up even more.

"Thank you, it's beautiful." She graciously accepted it.

Camilo's sights went straight to the ground as he kicked the dirt, unknowing of what to do next.

He looked up for a second and did another double take as he saw Sophia fixing the flower into her hair over her ear.

"Whoa.." he whispered breathlessly.