chapter thirty-four: the dream of the red sea.

Start from the beginning

"What happened to you ever minding your business, Eren? Ever since that night where Zeke had overdosed, you have been different. You left me, you grew morbid and everything changed, you didnʼt even try to contact me," Brandonʼs demeanour is nonchalant as he witnesses the vibrant hues of red as you lightly winced at the cutting of fresh.

"Maybe because I wasnʼt into cocaine like you people," Eren begins to heighten his voice at Brandonʼs words. Heʼs livid right now. Every buying moment, he knows Brandon could lash out, so he does as heʼs promised you.

He would freely die in the moment if it come down to such a tragedy.

Eren feels like he has fulfilled his stubby life in the moment, but then a known fact pieces together in his mind, bringing him to the consequences of his actions. Eren knows he canʼt leave you at this moment, even in balance for your happiness as he would rupture you further than your brittle heart could carry. He was aware of what would sever you and what couldnʼt break you. It was honestly abhorrent that someone held that much knowledge about you. However, it was moderately beautiful that such detail and knowledge he was able to absorb and quell within his mind. Eren knew, with the balling of his fists, he would sacrifice himself for you in an instant as he had to fulfil securing your safe return.

Eren cautiously flits over to both of you. His usually tender breathing far is from familiar with his naturally gifted pattern as he targets Brandon with an assault to the face – despite the fact his knife was seconds from slashing your bare throat. If Eren was a second too late, you would have been dead.

"Thatʼs my fucking girlfriend. Who the fuck said you could touch her like that?" Eren roughly bundles up his hands with not an ounce of care as he settles on burying his fists into Brandonʼs face at the anger that overtook him. Eren couldnʼt lose you, you were his everything. He had lied about dying at this moment. He couldnʼt imagine allowing himself to die and you spending life with someone else, someone who wasn't him.

"You love her? This whore? Someone with no worth?" You feel yourself grow afflicted at Brandonʼs unfiltered wording. It brought back a jaded concept about your past as you sunk back onto the unpredictable railing. A light headache fondled with your head as you were at a disadvantage with holding yourself up. Blood poured from a far from minuscule wound from your neck; it was ample and deadly.

"Whoʼre you calling whore? Cause I know youʼre not calling my girlfriend a whore?" Eren proclaims; rain begins to relentlessly exude from the sky. A crimson hue begins to trickle off of his knuckles as he bludgeons Brandonʼs face, leaving you to slowly regather yourself as you allowed the rain to drown you in misery.

Erenʼs balled fists moved simultaneously. He continued on bruising every ounce of Brandonʼs body in your honour, hoping he would bring you an ounce of closure as you had suffered enough. Suffered at such a selfish price. A price that you weren't obligated to pay. But someone selfish was so keen on forcing you to salvage pieces of yourself to gift to him, to pay the price he so desperately wanted you to pay, all because of the dire mistakes he had committed. At the drum of his fingers, he used to have you at his side, although he shared little love for you, but it was just so he could belittle your worth. He built you up so he could break you, as that was just who Brandon was. The one to write a mind-altering script to dictate the life of another he hated.

As you slung slowly along the dampened rail — that rested behind you as a sort of leverage — the rain miserably clung to your bleeding frame as you witness such a sight. Your body yearned for you to guide Erenʼs mind to the light, as you couldnʼt allow him to darken his soul further with the treacherous sin of murder, for your purpose. You wouldnʼt, nor could you, allow Eren to commit murder as you were aware it would all narrow down to you because youʼre the source of this very situation occurring.