chapter thirty-four: the dream of the red sea.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐀

10.9k words; minor errors: warning: detailed talk of self-harm, struggling with self-harm, the guilt of self-harm, suicidal thoughts, hospital, violence, bleeding, unsafe driving, brief mention of drugs, neglecting, temporary insomnia, distancing, drowning, uncontrolled anger, talks of burning.

"I love you, Eren," You unwillingly tear up as Erenʼs broad structure becomes no more than a sickening blur. Brandon huddles the knife further into your depleted frame, to calculate where the finishing blow was bound to remain.

"I love you, too," Eren softly returns from afar as the cracking of his knuckles begin to flow into the atmosphere as Brandonʼs fawn, upturned eyes flit to his in subtle disgust.

"Eren?"

"Brandon." Erenʼs too livid to allow lengthy words to pass by the reticent seam of his lips. He approaches Brandon with such fragileness, yet such abnormally evolved anger. Heʼs rather cautious as Brandon bares the knife against your neck. He presses against it with such hostility, as if he's threatened by Erenʼs position, as he remained closing in on him with such anger seething off of him.

"Do you know her?" Eren canʼt sit by and watch as you slip from his palms in a matter of seconds. He loves you too much to even consider such a thought, feeling and action to be gone through with as you are the soul that entwines with his own. The soul he needs to function. As what is the earth with no sun and moon to create a mere balance? What is cold with no heat to insulate the atmosphere of your home in a season where hot chocolate becomes rather apparent?

"Do I know her?" Brandonʼs words appear cold and gruelling as his knife is steady against your neck. You begin to fail to glance at Eren as consciousness begins to slip by you.

"If I did know her, what exactly would you do? What would you do without that weapon in your hand?" Erenʼs words are taunting as he glances at the two of you. His body is unmoving as only his thudding heartbeat is the only thing that binds his sanity as one. It implies, just merely implies that heʼs alive, and this is no delusional dream that can be ended with eyes being flickered open.