chapter three: a promise.

𝐀 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄

𝐀 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄.

tw: suicidal thoughts, mental breakdowns + potentially more

You scrolled through your phone for half an hour, listening in on the other's conversation. You sat there, biting your lip lightly. Your heart raced vigorously, pounding against your chest. You analysed the situation that put you in such distress. You had made a mistake and your mistake hadn't gone unnoticed, which put you on edge more than it should have. You didn't like the fact that you had engaged with Eren on accident like this, and the thought put your mind far from ease.

"Y/n, we're going now," Connie proclaimed, jabbing at your hand as you sat there glaring at your phone — you attempted to calm down.

Though you deeply wanted to leave, a part of you didn't want to be engulfed in the aftereffect of what your fingers had caused you. You didn't want to be blatantly embarrassed the next time you had to sit next to him in class, you wanted to be indulged in your silence, a place where he couldn't intrude. A place that was only familiar with the presence of you, not a man who seemed to find entertainment in bothering and intruding a safe space you had created for yourself.

"Let's go then," You stated, moving closer to ruffle his hair as you were in direct contact with him. He only groaned lightly as your fingers danced within the short soft hair located on top of his head.

You and Sasha had arrived at your home safely, no off-putting situations occurring after you had left the bakery. Connie and Jean had safely walked the both of you over to your dorm until you were at a point they noted as safe.

After they had left the two of you in each other's company, they left, heading over to their dorm which was a further distance away from your own. They left with a hurried goodbye, their lips curling into a smile as they glanced at you both, overwhelmed with the thought of what game they were going to play next. They were keen to ask you to join them in the game they will potentially choose, but they knew you had already made plans with Sasha, during the time you had spent at the bakery.