Chapter 13 - Back in Boston

Start from the beginning

They ordered pizza, along with garlic bread sticks, cheese sliders, and three types of soda, and they put in a movie... but that was only a small comfort for Zack. He ached to be back on the ship and with London and everyone else, especially London. He wanted to be with her, to kiss her, hug her, walk along the decks with her, hang out... and make her smile.

He wouldn't be able to do any of that. Ever again.

~ ~ ~

The dock was absolutely filled with people, and London hated that she had to be seen in Bailey's clothes. She had to be in disguise so she wouldn't be recognized, though. She had to admit, it was a clever idea. She wore a knee-length jeans skirt of Bailey's, as well as a blue plaid county blouse, a cowboy hat and cowboy boots, and her hair was in two long braids on either side of her head. The suitcase that was black and drab rolled with her containing more of Bailey's country clothes, as well as bare necessities, like a brush, makeup, and only three pairs of shoes. She was appalled at that. Normally she would bring ten for one day.

"Okay, now I have to find The Lilac," London muttered, knowing that was the boat she had to board that would take her to Jacksonville, Florida, and from there, a boat to Charleston, South Carolina. From there... her friends were still figuring that out. It was only the day before that they planned this, after all. She had a notepad with her to remind her, and she had both Bailey and Cody on speed dial. Her father monitored everyone she talked to, texting and calling, so she and her friends had to make up some type of way to communicate without her father knowing what they were up to, like a jumble of letters that she would have to unscramble to spell out where she needed to go next. She would need help with that, and that meant asking strangers. She would do whatever she could to get to Zack, though, and once she reached her destination, she needed to simply text "I'm here!" to her friends, and then Cody would send her that nonsense text.

She spotted The Lilac, and it looked like a small ferry. She paid the fair and boarded it. Once on, she stood at the railing as a warm wind blew, and she stared at the giant SS Tipton.

Boy, will I be in trouble when this is all over, once I get back on that ship.

Mr. Moseby, Ms. Tutwiler and her father would all have a horse when they find out what she and her friends were up to.

The ferry was off, and London remained at the railing. She pulled out her silver phone and went to Zack's number. She longed to tell Zack about what they were up to, but Cody said that he would do that as to not reveal what they were up to to Mr. Tipton. Zack would be shocked but oh so happy to find out that London was on her way to him.

The sun was warm, and London watched as the water went by. She honestly loved being off of the SS Tipton and away from that stupid sea school and on a cute boat that was just her size. This was the life, aside from the country clothes. To anyone, she looked like an Asian cowgirl, which was, according to Cody, a... what did he call it? An oxi... moral? Moran? She couldn't remember. He just said that Asia and the American country were pretty much opposites culture-wise

But whatever. London was just happy that this was a way she could go to Zack and not have her father watching her every move.

Time passed, and London went to the ferry's food court and got something to eat—a gourmet burger and fries, according to the waitress, since they didn't have caviar, crab or other delicious foods—and then just sat around, bored. Too bad ferry boats were too small to have at least a gift shop—London would spend the hours shopping. She should have made Cody and Bailey put her on a bigger and faster boat that wouldn't take eight hours to get to Jacksonville. Heck, they should have put her on a jet straight to Boston! She would have paid with cash.