Chapter 5 - Making You Jealous

The knocking didn't stop and Zack just sat there on his bed, glaring at his cluttered floor. Only a day passed, and he still fumed about what happened. He couldn't believe that London wanted to pretend that their kiss never happened. Why? Because they were friends and she wanted to keep it that way? Because she was embarrassed? Both?

He groaned. Whatever it was, he hated it. Cody walked in with his black backpack as Zack continued to glare at his floor, thinking about that kiss and how amazing it was. He definitely couldn't pretend that it didn't happen.

"Hey, Zack, c'mon. We'll be late for school."

"Not going."

Cody eyed his brother's glare. "Are you really that afraid to face London?"

"No, I just hate school."

"And you're afraid to face London."

Zack pursed his lips. He couldn't keep this from his smart brother who would figure out what went on with him. "Fine. Maybe I am, but I'm the one doing her a favor. With me not being there, I'm taking away the temptation."

"Temptation?" Cody questioned, an amused smirk on his face.

"Yeah. She totally digs me, and if I'm not there, she won't be tempted to fall into my lap."

"And you won't be tempted to fall into hers?" Zack stayed silent, knowing that his brother had a point. "Let's just get to class. You can hide behind me when she's around if you want to."

"Why would I hide behind you?"

"Because I happen to be an inch taller than you."

He gave Zack a proud smile and Zack shook his head. The guy was right after all, as much as he didn't like that he was. "Whatever. Let's just go and get school over with."

"You guys still have to work on that report, you know."

"The report we're working on is hers. She can work on it and I'll work on mine. Separately. Maybe."

They left and met Woody near the school entrance. They went into their first class of the day, history, and London sat right there in a desk near the door. She looked over and saw the twins, but looked back nonchalantly and went back to looking at her nails.

"Ouch, you got ignored," Cody whispered, and Zack gave him a mean look and went and sat down at his desk, which was a few desks behind and a row over form London. He stared at her sleek, straight brown hair. Why did she have to look so hot, when he tried with all his might to dismiss how he felt when they kissed?

"Hey, Zack," he heard and looked over at Pamela, a cute girl who he knew had the hots for him since she would sometimes stare at him in that class and in others. He swished his hair at the cute blonde and gave her a smirk.

"Hey, Pamela, what's up?"

"Nothing. You just... look really good today."

He noticed her pink cheeks, as well as London turning to look behind her at them. He should play this up. "Well, you look really good today, too, Pamela. Actually, you always do."

He winked and she girl giggled, and Zack heard London make an 'uhg' sound. He also heard her mutter, "I'm way more beautiful than that horribly-dressed girl."

Zack grinned, loving that he was made London jealous. Heck, he just loved that she was jealous period. That proved that she was definitely impacted by their kiss.

The class started, and in every one of the classes he shared with London, Zack made an effort to flirt with a girl. Every time, London would make that jealous face. Oh, how he loved that. Deep in his gut, though, he knew that making her jealous was wrong.