• 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈 •

Beginne am Anfang

"His father.'' She began to chuckle thinking I was joking,  when my expression remained stoic as it was before she slowly began to comprehend I was not joking and her eyes and mouth hung wide open.

"His father?  Oh wow! Well I didn't imagine you being this revengeful" she said, and there was a hint of pride in her sarcasm.

"You don't understand,  I didn't do it to get back at him, it...it just happened"

"Can I see a picture of him?"

"Why?"

"I'm trying to see something. '' Frowning, I did as she said but realising I didn't have any picture of him I simply searched Damien's name on Google and handed her my phone.

"Oh wow, I can understand why, he's the total opposite of his useless son," she winked, handing me back the phone. 

"So you're telling me you cheated on Andrew with his father? Call me childish but this is the best revenge ever"

"Well I don't see it that way, I wouldn’t sleep with a man just to get revenge on someone,  I'm too sentimental for that stuff" I muttered under my breath looking down at my nails.

"Do you love him?"  

"I…I'm not sure, I thought so"

"Do you think he loves you?"

"I like to think he does, but how could I know?"

"Love relationships are so complicated yet so easy, this is not the moment to obsess over a man , you are trying to get your life back together right?  Think of yourself,  love is an important part of your life but there are so many types of love, and a love relationship is not necessarily what you need now" 

"You are right."

"When I'm not? Do you know what you need instead of warring over men? A girls' night out. Put on something cute by nine"

"But-"

"No buts, you went out just once this week and just to the grocery shop you deserve some fun and a little escapade"

"Do I have any options? "

"Of course you do, if you don't want to go out we can stay here watching a movie or something, you know I would never push you into doing something you don't want to do but this time I know you actually need something to get your mind off, I'm your best friend for a reason "

"Ok then," I said with a smile plastered on my face.

 ●●●

Nine came and I was ready and dressed in my best short black dress, after all, I had no bruises anymore showing some skin wouldn’t hurt me.

Samira was never late, she was waiting for me at my apartment in her car exactly  at nine

"I'm here "

"You look amazing" she was dressed in a pink dress that was complimenting perfectly deep brown skin.

"So do you," she complimented with a wide smile.

"Well we should start going."

There is this cute club that opened just some months ago, it got really popular quickly I've been meaning to go for a while, we can go there"

I shrugged, finding the club choice irrelevant.  

We got to the club Samira had been blabbering about throughout the whole drive in a short time, entering without any issues.  I couldn't lie, that the place was cute.

People were dancing, drinking while having a good time with each other, before I could keep analysing others interactions Samira dragged me to the bar and order two shots of strawberry vodka one for me and one for her then dragged me into the dance floor dancing with me until a tall man asked her for a dance and stole her from me.

"Can I?"  It didn't pass much until another man asked me to dance. He was an attractive boy, tall, maybe east Asian. Though I didn't want to dance, I didn't want to upset him.

I nodded and put my hand in his, letting him pull me closer and grab my hips. I didn't like his touch.

Closing my eyes I turned my body laying my head on his hard chest as his hands roamed up and down the little of my waist though he wasn't being inappropriate, his touch felt wrong.

I tried to imagine Damien's hands instead, feeling a little guilty, but that successfully helped me lose myself. 

I was tempted to ask the man dancing with me to get closer, but I was painfully aware that it was only because I imagined him to be Damien and he wasn't him.  I couldn't deny it any longer, I needed Damien.

I needed to talk to him.

When the song ended I thanked the guy and found some random excuse to getaway. 

Exiting the club before having the chance to digit his number his name popped up on the screen.  

I quickly replayed, I had all intentions to tell him how I felt, tell him the 

"We can't do this anymore," we both said at the same time but our intonations were different… way too different. 

He meant something else, something bad.

THANK YOU FOR THE 140K READS