• 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈 •

Start from the beginning

I was afraid of looking in the mirror and pissed at myself because  I still feared him. I hated him and I hated my mind for making me feel so frightened of him.

I also hated my wounds, usually they took less to disappear but apparently my body wouldn’t cooperate.

I was tired of covering my bruises,  I simply wanted them to disappear , to do a full face because I wanted to and not because I had to cover my marks to shield myself from inappropriate questions and curious eyes. 

Even if Andrew was finally out of my life, what he had done to me would never simply fade away, Andrew's actions would still affect my life, my behaviors, and my relationships, and I hated that, so damn much.

But I decided to try, when my bruises finally healed I invited my friends over. I hadn't seen them for a year, at first calling them knowing I wasn't monitored by Andrew felt terrorising.

I remember thinking for a brief second how Andrew would be mad at me if he was to find out but then I brushed off that silly thought, he was in prison, sentenced to five years for domestic violence. Though It was a small sentence, I was sadder by the fact that Beatrice didn’t obtain justice, without Tiffany her death was still a "suicide" she had so many proofs that could've sentenced him for a life behind the bars but she seemed to have disappeared. 

His mother instead got 2 years which was ridiculous, and the only one I could blame for that was the juridical system.

When I first told everything that happened to my friends asking to meet them up, I was scared, expecting them to be mad at me or something but they basically rushed to come and meet me wrapping me in the safest hug ever, so safe I burst out crying. 

The realisation I was starting to take my life back felt scary but hell I loved it.

I wanted to start working again and when my father the same position at the family company he had been trying to get me to accept since I've gotten my degree I finally said yes, yet he decided that I would still need some preparations from him but I knew that was his subtle way to get me to rest mentally and physically a little bit more.

The only thing I seemed to ache for as the days passed by was Damien.

I was tempted to meet him face to face but he never mentioned anything about it in our calls and making him mad was the last thing I wanted.

"You know, we been eating breakfast quietly for the whole time, clearly something is in your mind talk to me”

“Promise me you won't go all crazy about it"

“Is Andrew bothering you again?" She asked with a murderous tone.

No, it's not that! It is...well complicated”

“How complicated?”

"I met someone while I was still with Andrew. '' A moment of quiet followed.

"So you cheated on that ugly, dumb, stupid,  untalented, ugly, asshole with and So? What's the problem, if I was you I would've been cheating on him for years,  what am I saying I wouldn't even be with him he’s actually really ugly have I said it before?" 

I tried to glare at her for her rude words but burst out laughing, after all that description was true.

"But I wonder how you were able to cheat on him, he was so controlling  and obsessed"

"Well that's the complicated part... this someone is really close to him"

"Who is it?" She asked as if we were in some of our gossip sessions.