Verse (Pt. 1)

Iridescent lights against the hues of white,
Vivid expressions amidst the pallor of lives,
Men and women grace their presence
Inside a chamber of lustful emotion,

Scotch and whiskey burn down-
the columns of their throats.
exoticism planted in the appearance of-
the hues of red on lips and their dress.

Maturity and adulthood forgotten
Simply for a night of exhibitionism.
Lovers and rivals gather,
Song and dance wither their chatter.

Beauties and handsomes' sizzle
Burning hard-worked bridges,
Mending an unamendable fickle.
Night of illusion; only a flicker. ©

Wei Ying stumbled into his apartment after a long night at the club. He had once again assumed wrong. Working as a bartender was a demanding job for a second-year university student like himself.

It was especially true on days like Sundays where there were too many people and he had classes to attend early Monday morning.

The fact it was already three in the morning didn't help at all. He had to wake up at 6 am again if he was to review his notes and be in class on time.

Groaning to himself of his unfortunate circumstances, he flung himself on the bed, stinking of alcohol and sweat and perfume and another variety of strange smells he didn't wish to get to the bottom of.

He really didn't mind of it. All he needed was some sleep to his tired self, and it took less than a minute for his eyes to fall shut completely. It felt like less than a second when the blaring of the alarm woke him up from his beauty sleep.

He got off bed albeit sleepily. With half-shut eyes and a scrunched nose, he shuffled into the bathroom.

He brushed his teeth until it sparkled white in the mirror and showered, scrubbing away yesterday's leftovers on his skin.

Shampooing his hair until it was silk to the touch, he waked out of bathroom donning a bathrobe and a towel around his neck.

He made himself a hot cup of coffee before seating himself on his study table, tidy in his view because he knew just where his things were, although it looked like a hurricane had washed over the contents on the table.

Clearing away some space to place his mac book he opened it and let it boot up while he went through his last week notes just so he could refresh his lousy brain.

Wei Ying was an impressive student despite his in flavorful situation. He was a creative writing and ICT major who topped his class every semester. A diligent student, despite his air of mischief. A kind person, despite his flaring temper.

Overall, Wei Ying was an intricate and almost perfect balance between yin and yang. He was flawed yet perfect in his own way. People appreciated him and were even convinced he was one of the best people one could be around, but he was a loner.

A loner by choice, not by nature. He loved the silence, not that he didn't love to chirp like an excited little bird. But he hadn't found someone interesting enough to talk delightedly.

Everyone around him had little to no imagination, and it pained him to talk to them who had no life enough to uphold themselves, so he stayed away from such crowds. He'd rather stay away from lifeless people.