[6] Our beloved Snezhnaya (pt.I)

Start from the beginning

In the meantime while you two chatted, you didn't know there was a pair of eyes on you from a distance.

The ceremony started and the current Harbingers gathered around in front of everyone. Everyone prayed to the Tsaritsa and thus, begun the ceremonial speech.

The speech was long and veryyy tiring. Childe had to nudge you a few times to wake you up.

When Signora stepped down from doing her speech about how every single soldier in this fleet are just pests—Scaramouche stepped in. Basically, dissing and talking down on everyone like they're a bunch of roaches.

His eyes were scanning the crowd and when they stopped on you, he gave his speech; as if it was directly to you.

"As you all know, being apart of the Fatui is an honor to all who are in Snezhnaya. Work will be incredibly hard but it's the way of military life here. Everyone in this fleet, will need to be strong to defeat anyone who crosses your path... but some will overcome others in strength."

Scaramouche's eyes kept wandering around in the crowd, sometimes looking over at your direction and looking at you. Some words he had said felt like there was a meaning behind it, but you weren't sure.

With him being the last one to talk, everyone applauded and lined up to get their badges.

Once you were next to get yours, you got yours from your brother and placed it in your hand firmly. You thanked him and bowed, feeling the intense gaze from him when you looked up.

Pulling away he gripped your hand, "get stronger alright?" You stared at him confused, but his expression was... weird to you. Nodding, you left and came to join Childe.

"That was pretty weird.. what he say to you?" Childe asked when he noticed your confused expression.

"Something about being strong." He clicked his tongue as if understanding what it meant.

The two of you left the ceremony to join up at a famous restaurant nearby to celebrate.

____

One night when you were going to bed, you heard muffled voices. You were near your door after using the bathroom and heard bits and pieces of the conversation.

"... get out of here before she hears you." Scaramouche? Who is he talking to...

"Now now, is that a way to welcome your mother into your home?" You froze, eyes widening at what the other said. Their voice sounded oddly familiar to you. Could it be...?

You pressed your ear closer to the door to hear anything else. "I don't give a single fuck what you want here but you need to leave, NOW." His voice was raised, almost to the point he's about to yell.

There was a quiet laughter and then silence. Whoever your brother was talking to clearly didn't want them anywhere near here, but there was something that bothered you.

In the beginning, the other person referred to themselves as "mother" when talking to Scaramouche, but that other person sounded almost like, The Raiden Shogun.

"You really don't want me near her huh? Afraid she will learn the truth about herself? about you perhaps?"

"The truth costed us tragedy in our lives, Ei. You left us . You made everything a living hell after—"

That was when your alarm randomly went off and the voices outside went immediately quiet. You hurried over to where it was and shut it off.

Fuck. Whatever that was outside... the conversation between those two, there was a deeper meaning behind their words.

And you will, find out what they're hiding. What your brother is hiding.

____

PART II continues on to the next ch!

KINDA had an idea of having y/n and Scara be twins atm but i messed up having him say "little sister" few ch back 😭

but i made Ei be a mom instead, seems bit interesting?