Dream Smashers - Chapter Ten

DREAM SMASHERS

TEN

Sunday, October 4th

I’m primed and ready to spend my entire Sunday planning at the kitchen table, designing my new life. Rainy texted me that she’s being shipped to rehab, which totally sucks, and Grams left for church already, so I have the house to myself to make my fresh start.

            Pen in hand, paper on table, I write:

NEW LIFE RULES TO LIVE BY TO BECOMING CAREFREE AND SUCCESSFUL

1. Wear a smile every day.

No. That’s lame. I don’t want to smile every single day.

1. Wear a smile every day.

            When I first saw Ms. Lightheart, I don’t think she was smiling. Of course she was all by herself. She seemed like the type of person who would smile whenever people were around though. So, maybe smiling every day is a good rule.

1. Smile and be pleasant. This will create a feeling of well being. People like others who are pleasant. (I think)

Carefree people most likely work hard at it. Ms. Lightheart must have worked hard because she has a nice car, a symbol of her hard work.

2. Work hard in school and in everything I do. This will give me a sense of accomplishment.

3. Help others in need. See number two.

4. Eat well balanced meals. This will keep me healthy and my complexion will glow.

5. Exercise regularly. See number four.

6. Make new friends. Popular ones. Or just better ones that don’t drink, do drugs or whine and complain, people who do well in school and also want to improve their lives. Or friends that are already carefree and successful.

7. Read these rules daily. Practice these rules hourly.

Now, if only I can stick with these rules…