11

Shasha kept on glancing at Lu Jian while eating, she's hesitating whether to ask about Bai Ran or not.

"What is it?"

Shasha was startled and choke on her food. Lu Jian immediately stood up and went beside her giving a glass of water
"Are you alright?"  He stroke her back , his voice worried. Shasha didn't notice anything wrong and drunk the water. After feeling better, she awkwardly laugh to hide her embarrassment.

"Ahemm.... Well, I was just curious if you know a certain girl named Bai Ran?" She observed his expression if there are any changes but saw none.
"No, why?" His face frowned. "Did any of my employees bothered you?"

"Ahh no, I was just asking"

      His face darkened when she didn't opened up to him. It somehow irritated him like he's losing control of her. He didn't say anything and the room went silent except the Cutleries.

   Shasha was pondering on the things she said. He certainly knew Bai Ran, if not ..why did he asked if it was one of his employees? She only asked if he knew Bai Ran. 'maybe the plot already progressed when I was not here?'
    'Then how am I suppose to earn money without disturbing the leads?'

   Her out of focused expression certainly was noticed by Lu Jian that it annoyed him. He suddenly stood up and pulled out his phone walking away.
Shasha didn't bother with him and just continued eating, 'it must be his work'

"Investigate what had happen when my wife went out" Lu Jian immediately told his subordinate. "Yes" the man never asked anything and simply obey him.

Lu Jian didn't come back at the kitchen so Shasha tidy up the table. She was just an assistant and although she felt useless since Lu Jian never really gave her anything to do then she'll just clean up the kitchen.

On the other hand, Bai Ran was having a hard time. The document that was given to her to handle has so many mistakes. The lady who checked it went mad and shouted at her. Her colleagues didn't even bother with her and just continued speaking ill infront of her.
"Who do you think you are? Just because you entered from the back door doesn't mean we'll just let you do whatever you want" the lady sneered and stared at Bai Ran in disgust.
"Just a simple task, you can't even do it properly! Useless" Bai Ran saw at the corner of her eyes the manager passing by. The lady thought that she was not listening to her so she just pushed her lightly but she was frightened when Bai Ran suddenly stumbled into the floor. Bai Ran's eyes immediately reddened "I'm really sorry, I won't do it again!" She intentionally made her voice louder so it can reach the manager outside and just as she predicted, the manager entered and went their way.

"What's happening in here? Bai Ran, are you alright?" Bai Ran weakly nod but purposely showed her pitiful look that made any man want to protect her. The surrounding was quiet and was fearful that the manager might suddenly fire them. They hatefully looked at Bai Ran as they are being scolded by the manager. Even though they explained that Bai Ran made a mistake, the manager turned a deaf ear on it. "If you bully her again, I'll make sure you won't be able to get your salary"
This made them even more infuriated but didn't dare disobey him. The manager escorted Bai Ran out with the excuse that they might bully her again. Bai Ran couldn't help but lift the corner of her lips but she still maintained the image of being bullied. The manager even consoled him that she can come to him if something similar again would happen.

So sorry for not updating guys, this update may have some loopholes since it's roughly written so I apologize in advance. I'll edit it once I'm free. Thank you so much guys love love 💕💕