Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered

Start from the beginning

"Hmm..." You bit back a grin. "Unfortunately, your wait- AGH!"

Glomp? Was glomp the word? Do people still use glomp? It didn't matter. Toshi had nose dived into the couch, tackling you into the cushions. "Yagi!-"

"Bypass waiting period."

"PFFFFT." You turned, trying to use your free arm to pry yourself out of the pinned position. "You can't!"

"Why not?" You felt a hand slide beneath your back, that was all you felt. That was all. So how did he move fast enough for you to not notice...notice...

"What?" Yagi asked, looking over your now confused expression. You pushed up a bit from his chest. "What's got you so affectionate today?" You looked down at how he had you pressed against him while he reclined against the arm of the sofa, that hand against your back holding your torso to his. He shrugged. "I'm not sure. Do you not like it? Should I stop?" Toshi began to pull away. "No!" Damn, didn't mean to sound so excited. "No...you're surprisingly comfortable." His brows lifted. "And you're surprisingly funny." You sucked your teeth. "Um, I'll have you know I'm hilarious."

"Sometimes you can be."

"That's how you feel, huh, Tosh?"

"It is."

"Damn, guess you didn't really want lunch then." You cut your eyes away. "Oh, don't be like that." He chuckled. "I haven't known you long enough, remember?"

"Riiiight. You let your arms relax, now feeling his heartbeat in your own chest. It's so slow. "I have a question." You said softly. "I have an answer."

"Whyyyy didn't you choose sugar baby?"

"What?" Yagi said through another chuckle. "Should I have?"

"I mean..." You shrugged. "Honeydew." Toshi's brows knitted. "What!" Your eyes went wide. "I was starting to think I was a glorified one."

"No," He rubbed your back, head shaking. "No. You don't even have to do that."

"Yeah, I know I don't have to but-"

"You want to?"

You grimaced a bit and let the expression fall. "I want spontaneous trips to Dubai, I want at least one snowy holiday in Bruges, and I want to vacation on a vineyard."

"We can do that now." Yagi nodded. "Do what?"

"Vacation on a vineyard, well, close to one. I've got a house in Tuscany."

"Bull shit." You pushed forward. "You never told me you had a house in Italy."

"It never came up." His head tilted some, your little habits were brushing off on him. "Well?"

"Well what?" You breathed. "Do you want to go?" He asked. "We could do everything this week remotely."

"You mean now now?!"

"Do you have somewhere to be?" He smiled. "No I..." You bit your lip thinking. "I want a raincheck." You nodded. "I can do that too." The blonde said. "But you have to pinky-promise!" You pushed up again, holding out your little finger. Yagi snorted. "I'll take you." He leaned in with his affirmation. "Still!" That finger held out firm until, with a sigh of amusement, he locked his with yours. 

Your connection was broken by an audible pop, you snatched your hand away. "You shocked me." Toshi looked over his hand briefly, only to see you in your dramatics, pouting. "You broke my finger."

"I did not." He rolled his eyes. "You did!" Your focus on the second joint. "I think you'd be acting differently if it was broken."

"Nope, I have a high pain tolerance." You stated proudly, met with no reply, you could feel his eyes on you.

"Have you heard of the red thread?" He spoke up finally. "Only in passing, but I never looked into it." You turned your finger to him. "There's a spot, look."

"Here." He took hold of your wrist, bringing it closer to him, for what you thought would be looking. Your breath caught in your throat, watching him slowly bring your finger to his lips and kiss it softly. "Did that make it better?"

You don't know why you shook your head. No fucking idea why, but you were so glad you did. He turned your hand around, kissing against your knuckles, looking at you the entire time. All the while you felt he wasn't as cool inside as he was showing outside. You felt his heart pick up pace, beating harder and against yours. "How about now?" He breathed against your skin, lifting goosebumps. "N-no." You shook your head again. "No? Not even a little?" He kissed it again, leaving white noise between your ears. "How can I make it better, Peach? Tell me."

"I-I don't know." Your exhale giving away your nervousness. "You don't know?" The hand on your back, warm and pressing into you, its fingers curled around your waist and brought you higher. Your faux broken bone between your faces, his half shadowed over from the lighting and yet those steely blue stared into your soul over your fingertips like lit in daylight. "You can't think of anything? Nothing at all?"

"No, Toshi." You broke, bringing your free hand up and rested it on his neck. "I can't think when you look at me like that." You confessed. "That's too bad," He let go of your hand and placed his own on your cheek, bringing you closer. "I was hoping you would've had at least one thing in mind." The tips of your noses touched, breath teasing at each other's lips under half lidded eyes, the space between you becoming hair thin. His thumb brushing lightly against your cheekbone drawing you in when

DING

You gasped. "Food's done." You pushed off Toshi's chest too quickly for him to collect his thoughts and take hold of something, any part of you, as you turned for the kitchen.

"Peach! WHY?" He dragged his hands down his face in disbelief. "24-36 hours?" You called back laughing.