Chapter 11 - Thorazine and Reassurance

~ Irina's P.O.V ~

----------------------------------------------------------

        Even the next morning, the effects of the electric shock therapy had not completely warn off. I had a restless sleep, throwing off the covers and tossing about. When I woke up, I was not all there. People would speak to me and I would not see them clearly, unable to answer them normally.         Yesterday was a blur, but suddenly pieces began to come into fruition. I had woken up, had breakfast, went to the common room, and then had lunch. I had kitchen duty, where Kit taught me how to make pie. He had kissed me, telling me he'd have taken me there if we were alone. He was called away and we had not seen him. He was tortured by Dr. Arden after I returned to the common room. He said he loved me.

        That one detail stuck in my brain - Kit Walker said that he loved me. I knew he liked me - a lot - but it seemed too good to be true.

        Thankfully, the effects had worn off by mid morning but I decided to take a nap on the common room's sofa to make up for the sleepless night. 

        In my slumber, I felt a presence come near me and sit at my feet, sinking the sofa cushion down. The person reached out to caress my cheek as my eyes fluttered open.

        "Morning, beautiful," Kit smiled, running his thumb along my lips.

        "Morning, darling," I couldn't help but smile, stretching out before sitting up and planting a kiss on his full lips.

        "How did you sleep? I heard you got electric shock therapy. I was so worried..." he looked at me with concern and longing.

        "I slept horrible. The whole experience was just...I don't even want to think about it. It hurt; I fought the guards but it didn't work." I felt a tear well in the corner of my eye, threatening to spill over.

        "Don't cry," Kit muttered soothingly as the tear did in fact spill over. He caught the tear with his finger tip and kissed the wet area on my cheek where it fell. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Sister Jude..." he sighed. "Sister Jude has issues."

        "They think they're helping, but I don't think they are. They call themselves Christians, but this isn't what helps. This isn't in the name of God," I shook my head as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close to him.

        "They're the worst," Kit said. "The ones who call themselves men and women of God. They're not always the worst, but they can be."

      "I have a question about yesterday," I said timidly. "See my mind's been foggy since the shock therapy..."

        "What about yesterday?" he asked, his voice full of love and kindness.

        "Yesterday I thought that you said you loved me..." I looked up at him, holding his gaze as I lowered my voice. "Is it true? Do you love me?"

        "It's true," he smiled. "I love you Irina."

        He really did. I was not completely insane. Not yet anyhow.

        "Since you don't really remember," he spoke again. "Did you mean it when you said you loved me?"

        "I sure did," I nodded, grinning as I sank into his warm embrace. "I swear with you by my side I can get through anything."

        Shit, I had to see Dr. Thredson otherwise God knows what would happen...

        I quikcly kissed Kit on the cheek and got up from the couch.