Chapter 4 - Infatuation

~ Kit's P.O.V ~

--------------------------------------------------

  As I was led out of the van by a few men, my chained hands and feet prevented me from walking normally. I could feel the piercing stares of everyone penetrating me as I was led up the staircase toward the looming desolate building, the eyes of some of the doctors, nurses, nuns, and one reporter following me as I entered the building. The reporter stood out to me, dressed in a yellow knitted skirt and button down top over a green high neck shirt, a golden pin in the shape of a cursive "L" on her lapel.

        I looked up longingly at them before turning my face away, not given them the satisfaction. I was told to wait for a nun named Sister Jude before I was to be sanitized. I thought that was strange that I had to report to her before being sanatized, but they said it was because I was a special case.

        However, she had someone in her office already, so I stood outside the door, waiting with two guards by my side. They told me the girl in the room had arrived at dawn just as I had, but about an hour or so before I did. Just as I was arriving, they were  finishing her sanitation process performed by some of the nurses and nuns that I did not see upon entering - apparently they had a large staff.

         The girl walked out, bumping into me before I went in. I barely paid attention to her and made my way into  Sister Jude's office, a rather rude and judgmental nun who I had seen outside.

        "Our famous killer," she smiled slyly as she began circling me, the sound of her one inch heels clicking against the floor amidst the silence. I felt the nervousness pervade through my body.

        "Sister, I'm innocent," I asserted. I knew she would not listen, but I had to do it for myself, to keep my dignity...

        "That's what they all say," she shook her head.

        "Why did you want to see me before I went through sanitization?"

        "No reason," she smiled that sly smile again. "Just wanted to see the famous killer in all his glory."

        "I'm not an animal you can just look at," I gritted my teeth.

        "Well you slaughtered those girls pretty good. Cut them up like meat, filleting them, slicing them..."

          I spit in her face. She closed her eyes and extracted a hankerchief from her pocket, wiping her face. She looked down at me menacingly, her face inching closer to mine. "You're gonna wish you hadn't done that. I can make your life hell." She annunciated every word carefully.

        "You're sick, too," I shook my head. "I can tell that you're getting joy out of this..."

        "Not as much joy as you got. Let me guess you were sexually aroused as you did this? You killed those girls for your own sick pleasure..."

        I lunged at her as she screamed for the guards. I knew that it was not a wise decision, that this would not convince them that I was innocent, but I couldn't help myself.

        The men took each of my arms and led me to be showered, deloused, and changed, the cold water burning against my exposed skin. It was so cold it was nearly painful.

        Dressed in a gray gown of sorts, the nurses forced me onto a bed in a plain generic room. I fought them, flailing about, kicking, and headbutting as I tried to resist them while they strapped my arms and legs to the bed, injecting me with a sedative.

   "Would you look at that, fighting back for all he's worth," Sister Jude smirked above me as my mind slipped into a foggy state.

        "Sister, why are you doing this?" I pleaded.