Chapter 36: Pizza For Dinner

Thursday flew by, I promised Bella we would hang out.  She drove us over to a nearby city and we went shopping from the moment we woke up to almost the moment we went back to bed.  I didn't spend a whole lot, I'm frugal about spending money on things I wouldn't need so I just watched Bella enjoy herself mostly.  Until it came to food.  Then my wallet might as well belong to the restaurant.  We strolled around the city for a little, got some boba, then headed back.  We finally made it onto bed right as the clock hit midnight.

As I tried to fall asleep I was overcome by a mass of emotions.  Anxiety about my grades, which at this point I didn't have anything left besides to pack up and move out.  Excitement about the dinner date, and sadness as I recalled the past semester.  Everything flew by me, meeting Dimitri, the party, Cracker Barrel, going to the parking garage and helping Dimitri get over his fear.  Fighting Natalie and Ed, going to Luke's.  That first kiss... The night in his apartment, he refused to put a shirt on.  The masks...

*Oh shit the masks, I hope it came out of his shirt...*

The masks... our second kiss, our friend group now.  All leading up to the track meet.

*It's really been like 2 months now,  hasn't it,* I thought to myself.  *The best two months of my life.* I thought as sleepiness slowly gripped my mind.  I could feel a happy smile along my face as I rolled to my side.  And in the darkness that slowly collapsed around my consciousness, the only thing I could see was Dimitri's stupid smile.

I woke up to my phone buzzing under my pillow.  "9:45 : (Dimitri): Good Morning."  He texted.

As I replied, I couldn't help but smile.  I felt the bags under my eyes as tiredness began to pull again.  "Good Morning."

He took a while to respond, so I rolled out of bed.  To my surprise Bella was already up, she was holding her phone above her face as she watched some Tik Toks laying in bed, under her massive comforters.

*How can she sleep like that?*

I walked over to the Keurig and turned on a cup of coffee.  Still deciding on what to do, I took one large look at the room.

*Pack.* I decided.

I quickly made my coffee and got to work. Throwing things into trash bags and a couple extra duffel bags I had hidden in my closet. As I worked I didn't realize how fast the day went by. Bella finally got out of bed around noon and I didn't finish until the majority of my stuff was packed, except for my bedding and clothes. By that time I had finally checked my phone to see that I missed a text from Dimitri. He had texted around "3:30: (Dimitri): You want to go around 6:00?" As I checked the time "4:45."

*Fuck.* I thought as I quickly responded.

"Hey! Sorry I was packing up and just cleaning. 6:00 sounds great! It'a a half an hour drive."

He wasted no time responding. "That sounds fine, don't worry I figured you were busy. 😁" Seeing the emoji made myself break into a smile.

I texted back curiously, "Have you decided on a place for dinner?"

"When you said you were nosey I didn't think you'd be this nosey!" He joked. I was going to respond with a snooty remark but he beat me to it, "You'll just have to see when we get there."

"Rude." I answered solemnly.

"Oh, and I hope you don't mind. It's not the fanciest of places." He hinted.

"Gives me an idea of what to wear then." I smiled at my phone.

"Good." He answered contently.