Chapter 36- Reunited at last

Start from the beginning

I fiddled with the knob for a while until it finally unlocked. I opened the door and braced myself for what I was about to see.

The room was dark so I felt around for a light switch which I soon found. The light came on and the room before my eyes was beautiful . It was a blue bedroom with a huge bed, a walking-closet and just the combination of colors made you fall in love with it. I immediately looked into drawers to see if my mom had left a note somewhere for me. As I was searching, I came across a gold locket. It was very beautiful and I opened it easily. It had a beautiful picture of my parents and I. I continued digging under the books and jewellery in the drawer until I saw a crumpled note. I was going to ignore it but for some reason, my heart kept on telling me to open it.

Carefully, I uncrumpled the paper, careful not to tear it more than it had been.

It read:

My dearest Ariel,

I have come up with discoveries which has caused me to fear for both yours and my life. Your father has lied and deceived me. I have finally seen the monster that was inside of him. We will meet again soon, when I can reveal to you all the things I know now. It is not safe for us anymore. I am leaving the castle with you, but incase anything happens to me, the locket will be a guide to me. I love you.

Kyra E. Henderson.

Tears threatened to fall from my face. I know there was more to that note. She probably has another letter somewhere in this room.

I turned my back when I sensed someone watching me. My father, was at the door with a sinister look on his face.

"Well, to be honest with you, I always wanted to kill my own daughter." he said and ran towards me.

He immediately began choking the life out of me. I clawed at him to let me go and began kicking and struggling but it was all useless.

"You're pathetic." he said to me before I felt the darkness slipping in.

~

I awoke wearing a white beautiful dress. My hair was curly and I felt happy. I exited the beautiful, exquisite room I was in with gold chandliers and began roaming around.

"Ariel!" the voice called and her sweet, melodious voice made me smile.

"Mom?" I asked in shock.

She then ran towards me and embraced me in a huge hug. I was so estatic to be in her arms. I could finally see my mom, face to face, and have that experience of a mother, daughter bond I always dreamed of.

"How is this possible? For me to hold you, see you, converse with you after so many years?" I cried out.

"My sweet Ariel, you have not much time. Your father has tried to kill you but you are stronger than that. You are not exactly dead, but you aren't alive either. You are in between, at the verge of death. Currently, you are in the world of unconsciousness. Your spirit is dwindling and I have come to help you get back to consciousness. Your father was a troubled man. I met him by force, after he kidnapped my friend and I at a slumber party. He was a mean, cold hearted man but I got to know him and love him. He tortured my friend, Lisa, a lot and we attempted to escape many times, but to no avail. I did escape on my 18th birthday, but I got into an accident and lost my memory. He found me agin, and with my amnesia, he brainwashed me into thinking that I was his fiancé. We got married and he lavished me with all the luxurious things. I was still unhappy,because I longed for my family, whom I had forgotten about since my amnesia was severe. When you were four months old, I longed to go out of the castle with you but your father refused. We got into a huge arguement and he slapped me so hard that I saw dots and fell to the ground due to the force of the impact. Immediately, memories of my past came flooding into my mind . I immediatly remembered the monster I had once known and packed my things and yours as well. I rushed out of the castle and fled for my life. You never really fussed as a baby, but for some reason, you had been quite uneasy and cried throughout the journey. It took me four days to get back to South Carolina. You were in your car seat crying and after I fed you, you held onto me like it was the last time you would see me. I died that fateful night, but I always watched you from above. I love you and I'm sorry for all what you went through." My mother said and kissed me gingerly on my forehead.

Before I could respond, I felt myself being drawn away from her. I screamed for my mother but it was in vain. She smiled one last time at me then disappered into the light.

______End of chapter________

1. Kidnapped to live in a Castle

2.Life in a Castle

And the third and newest book will be

3. Living in a Castle

Please vote and comment.