Chapter 36- Reunited at last

Chapter 36-Reunited at last

______Ayana's Pov________

I feel so weak. I felt useless. I was a trained agent, the best fighter the SCPD had ever seen. So why was I so helpless? Why could I have not escaped all these months ago? Well, I guess it was because I am pregnant and also blind. Just thinking about the blind part made me want to cry. I was afraid for my baby's health. I almost lost this baby on more than one occasion. It was nerve wrecking when I thought about this. My tummy was already getting big and I really had no idea what to do. I was scared. I hadn't spoken to Henry and Ariel in so long. I wonder how they were doing.

I was just sitting on the bed in the room that Amara had moved me to when I heard loud shouting followed by the door being opened, based on what I heard.

I guess someone walked into the room because I then heard his voice.

"Ayana! You're alive." he said and I then felt warm arms around me.

"Henry, is that you." I said with tears in my eyes.

"Yes. What have they done to you? Why aren't you looking in my direction?" he asked, I could hear the hurt in his voice.

"Honey...I- I can't, I can't see." I sobbed out, crying profusely.

"What?"he asked shocked.

"I was in the dark for so long then someone threw me into the blazing sunlight. My eyes failed to see after that." I cried.

"Oh Ayana. I promise. I'll get you and the baby out of here." he said and I felt his soft lips on mine. He also placed his hand on my stomach, and I jerked back, breaking the kiss.

He also jerked back as he probably felt the same thing.

"Did our baby just kick?"he asked happily.

"Yes." I said happily. For the first time during this pregnancy, my baby moved. The movement was continuous and it filled me with joy.

Just when I thought things were going to get better, Raymond entered the room. I'm guessing he looked evil and menacing, his normal look.

"Why are you doing this Raymond? Why torture my family, our family?" Henry asked upset and a bit of hurt in his voice.

"All will be answered soon." he said and threw something in our direction.

The last thing I heard was a beep and I heard a thud on the ground, which was Henry falling on the ground.

_______Ariel's Pov_________

The past week had been a blur for me. I was constantly getting in and out of consciousness. I was finally able to leave my eyes open for five minutes and then was able to watch my surroundings. I was in a white room, like a hospital, but this place looked familiar, too familiar.

I got up from the bed and I felt a bit dizzy, so I grabbed the bed for support. I was then able to control myself and feel comfortable again.

I exited the room, and almost cried out in horror as I suddenly realized where I was.

I was in the castle.

How did I get here?

I have to escape, but I need to find my mom's room and get to her belongings.

I ran as quick as lightning down the horrid walls. I ran to the fifth floor, where my mom's room was. It was locked as usual but I always had a pin in my pocket for emergencies. The door was a huge brown mahogany door. No one had been in this room for years, as it had cobwebs on the handle.