Chapter XIII: Deformed Red Skulls

Chapter Thirteen

"Agent Romanoff, Agent Barton, take us in closer." Steve commanded, leaning in between Natasha and Clint's seats.

"Aye aye, Captain," Clint replied, a smirk played across his face. I noticed Natasha roll her eyes. I watched the two steer the Quinjet towards the top of Skull's aircraft. The top resembled the Helicarrier's deck, but instead of jets, Skull's had robots.

"At least we know it'll be a challenge." Stark remarked.

"It'll be more than that, Stark." Steve replied. He held his hand up, "Stop here, go and hide the jet somewhere when we get off."

"Wait a sec, are you telling me you want to jump?" I asked, raising my brow. I looked around the jet, "I'm going to go splat if I jump! There's no parachutes, either!"

"Stark could-"

"No." I looked over at Tony.

"Thor-"

"Not happening." I glanced at Thor, "No offense."

Natasha or Clint lowered the door; Steve looked between all of us. "Think of this as a stealth Intel mission. Unless you encounter Red Skull. If you have to, take anyone out, but as quietly as possible." He looked at Tony with the last part.

Tony- Iron Man, flipped down his mask and was the first one to fly out. Thor followed him, swinging his hammer Mijlnor. Bruce jumped, too, hulking out on his way down. I stood there, and Steve looked at me.

"Be careful." And he jumped out himself. I stuck my head out, watching him hurtle to the 'Skull-Carrier.'

"Tuck 'n' roll! Good luck!" Clint called from behind me, and I stepped back. I took a deep breath, let's not die today, and I jumped off the Quinjet.

The Quinjet wasn't too far up from Skull's aircraft, but it felt longer. I feel like I should be used to free falling; I was pushed off a building. Unexpectedly, my body turned, and I was no longer facing the ground. I bit back a scream, not wanting to jeopardize the mission. I hit something hard for the second time in a month. At first I thought it was Tony again, but who- or what- ever it was, definitely didn't feel like metal. I opened my eyes, having had them closed ready for impact. I looked over, and saw a blue mask with an 'A' in the middle.

I threw my head back and smiled. "Thanks, Cap."

"I think you're getting a habit of this."

I got out if his arms, and stood next to him. "No kidding."

Steve started to walk towards the doors of the Skull-Carrier.

I hesitated for a moment. "Hey, Cap!" I whispered loudly. He turned and looked at me, shield in hand, "Mind if I tag along? I'm not exactly used to this."

His masked face smiles, and he motioned me to follow him, I smiled eagerly, running to catch up to him. I followed his every move, stepping wherever he stepped. For a few brief seconds, I took a look back, looking at all of the silent robots Skull had on deck. I took a deep breath, then turned to follow Cap inside Skull's ship. He moved swiftly through the corridors, he was as quiet as the silence around us.

We then suddenly heard voices, Cap held his hand up. I stopped in my tracks, then started inching closer to Cap's position. I stared at Cap, who looked back at me, I did my best at mouthing the words 'Is it the Red Skull?'

Cap turned back to the voices and listened in more, considering he hasn't heard Skull's voice in over seventy years, he may want to double check. He kept facing the voices, and shook his head in reply. I had silently let out a breath. I looked up to hear a somewhat quiet crash! The next moment I saw two unconscious HYDRA soldiers, lying side by side to each other. I gasped, holding a hand to my mouth. A red, white, and blue figure peer around the corner. Cap stood there, shield in hand. He motioned me forward. I scrambled to my feet, attempting to be as quiet as humanly possible, still staring at the HYDRA soldiers.