Chapter V: Deceptions

Chapter Five

        I tugged and pulled my hands to get out of the bindings behind my back. I had to get out of here. He was going to kill me, I was sure of it. I pulled on the more, and even tried to untie the rope holding my arms together. It felt like hours, but I finally freed my hands, and then I started on my feet. That was the easy part. I wobbled a bit when I stood. I frantically looked around the room, spinning on feet in the process. My reflection followed my every move. I rushed over to one of the mirrored walls and ran my hand along the edges of the mirror. I was trying to find a seam where I door would be.

        "Trying to escape?" came the voice from earlier.

        I looked at his reflection through the mirror. His cold stare was chilling my spine, even if it was a reflection. "And you would care?" I croaked.

        He took a few steps until he was right behind me. His brought long fingers to my hair, and brushed away a few strands, tucking them behind my ear. He leaned in right next to my ear before speaking, "I have always cared, Alex." He laid his hand on my shoulder.

        I grabbed his hand over my shoulder, turned around facing him, and twisted his arm. I had his hand twisted behind his back, and he was uncomfortably close. He chuckled. "Why did you bring me here," I spat out his name, "Loki?"

        He chuckled again. "I have already told you, Alex, for fun."

        "How is this fun?"

        "That is none of your concern." He replied, smirking.

        "I think it is, actually." Loki took this time and reversed our positions. I was now the one with my arm twisted behind my back, and had my back to him. He chuckled in my ear. I winced away from his metallic, evil laughter. "Let me out of here, Loki."

        He took his free hand and ran his thumb along my cheekbone. "Now, why would I do that?"

        "Quit stalling and let me out," I growled, "Plus, you don't even know me."

        "Oh, but I do. You see, I know more about you, than you know yourself."

        I tried to pull away from Loki, but he held- no, more like crushed- my wrist tighter. I didn't say anything to his previous statement. I didn't want to know what he knew about me. I sighed, and looked towards the masks and helmets sitting on the table. "Why me?"

        "Why you?" Loki repeated, "Why you? Well, I suppose this is something I could tell you, no harm would be done..."

        "Just cut to the chase." I interrupted.

        He smirked. "I chose you because of your humanity, it's so precious and dear to you," I like being alive, thank you. He looked at the table, too. "And because your city's precious Avengers are getting in the way-"

        "How so? They don't seem to have done anything wrong, other than stop you the first time."

        He glared at my reflection. "Let me finish," he growled, "And you were chosen because you were getting close to one of them-"

        "You mean Stark?" he nodded, "We met once, and if anything, we're just friends." I turned by head and looked him in the eye. "Seriously, just let me go. Find someone else to use for your tricks."

        He smirked evilly. "As you wish, Alex." He stopped smirking. "But I shall warn you, I will find you again." He let go of me. "And next time, your precious Avengers won't be able to save you." He grabbed a hold of me again, and a tried to free myself. "But first..." he gave me his wicked smirk, he turned me towards him. I braced myself for the worst.