Chapter X: Meeting the Team

Chapter Ten

        I followed Coulson and Agent Hill down several corridors until we stopped in a large room. Standing in the middle was the man in a black trench coat. The pirate, I thought to myself.

        "Director Fury." Hill nodded towards Fury and stood by him. Coulson made a silent nod.

        "Director Nick Fury... Haven't seen you in a few days." I said staring at him.

        "Miss Heart."

        "Alex."

        "Excuse me?"

        "Call me Alex."

        Fury turned towards one of the several metal doors in the room. "Well then... Alex... Meet your new babysitters." Babysitters?

        Fury snapped his fingers and the large, metal door slowly slid open. What I excepted to see was a group of noble Avengers walk into the room like in the movies.

        Of course I was wrong.

        Instead when the door slid open, arguing voices could be heard on the other side. One of which I could decode as Tony's. When the door was out of the way, the group of so-called Avengers weren't proud or noble looking. No. Two were arguing about who-knows-what.

        "So these are the Avengers everyone's been hearing about the past month?"

        Fury ignored my comment and stood silently glaring at the group with his one eye.

        I leaned towards Coulson, "So who's who? Seeing as they probably won't tell me themselves."

        He pointed at a dark, slightly curly haired man wearing a purple shirt. "Dr. Bruce Banner. Also known as the Hulk." I looked at Coulson, I remembered him. "Don't get him angry."

        "I'll try not to." No wonder Banner was standing on the sidelines staring at Fury, out of the argument.

        Coulson then pointed at a blond haired man, and when I looked back at him, Coulson had a genuine smile on. "That's Steve Rogers. Or Captain America. He's a... uh... little out of his time."

        Steve was the one arguing with Tony. "What's that supposed to mean?"

        "He's from the 1940s."

        "Odd team Fury's got..."

        He pointed past Tony to a long blond haired man. "And that's Thor. He's an Asgardian."

        "An As-what?"

        "He's from a different planet. Asgard."

        I made an 'o' shape with my mouth. "I thought there were more."

        "The S.H.I.E.L.D. agents are out on a mission."

        Thor must have noticed Fury because he called out: "Director Fury!"

        Steve and Tony stopped arguing and looked at Fury. "Glad you could stop arguing. Is there anything else you two girls need to discuss?" Tony's gaze shifted from Fury towards me. I gave him a small smirk, then he looked back at Fury.

        "Sorry, Sir." Steve replied like a schoolboy talking to a principal. Tony didn't say an apology, so Steve rolled his eyes.

        "What might this all be about, Mr. Director Fury?" Thor asked in an accent. It looked like he was ignoring everyone in the room, except Fury. "And where are Agent Romanoff and Agent Barton?"