4.1 Class of defectives

Start from the beginning

I am sure the quints can get more than 70 in this test.

Okitani the matchstick: "Huh? I wasn't listening, though. This is so unfair!"

Chabs: "Don't say that. This test is just for future reference. It won't be reflected in your report cards. There is no risk involved, so don't worry. Of course, cheating is prohibited"

Her phrasing struck me as odd. Normally, only general grades were reflected in your report card. But the way Chiyabashira-sensei said they wouldn't be reflected in our report cards made me think that the grade could be reflected in some other way. This test might probably be utilized for class gradings or checking the students' capabilities.

As soon as the pop quiz began, I scanned the questions. There were four questions per subject, for a total of twenty. Each question was worth five points, for a total of one hundred points. Most of the questions were extraordinarily easy, to the point where it was almost a letdown. In fact, the questions seemed to be about two levels less difficult than the ones on the entrance examination. It appeared far too easy.

However, just as I thought that I reached the end of the test. The final three questions were an order of magnitude higher in terms of difficulty. The final math problem couldn't be solved without complex formulae.

These questions couldn't be geared toward a first-year high school student. The final three questions were clearly of a different quality than the others, so they might have had been put on the test by mistake. Even though the results wouldn't be reflected in our grades, what in the hell were they evaluating with this?

' Well, I guess I'll score 70 this time! I will solve these last 3 questions. They seem interesting. No one can solve these questions because they are beyond high school level.'

Chiyabashira-sensei monitored us. As she slowly patrolled the classroom, she kept a watchful eye to dissuade us from cheating. I quickly glanced at Horikita, who would never even think of cheating. Her pen danced across the paper as she filled in all of the answers. It looked like she was easily going to get a perfect score.

I continued staring intently at my test until the bell rang.

_______________________________________________________

After classes (Ayanokoji's room)

I called Itsuki and others to my room. I'd say they did good in the test. They seemed happy after the test was over. Miku was the one who worked herself with so much more determination than her sisters. She is developing more than ever. Her love for Japanese history was too much, that she messaged me day and night about the warlords. And asked me some questions. Our interests in Japanese history were the same, so I chatted with her. I really liked it when someone was not ordering me but asking with no hostility. She was deadset on improving her studies. Her handwriting is beautiful.

Itsuki was also filled with determination. But she always dwells too deep on everything. That might make her lose focus on her objective. Other than that, her interest in the sciences is noteworthy. She is especially good at biology. She doesn't have a fixed goal, but I think she might become a good teacher because of her adaptability to teach her sisters. Her ability in teaching surpasses Miku's. Her problem is she always meddles with her sisters acting like a mother and not taking care of herself. She cries when she couldn't solve problems. In short, Itsuki is a serious, diligent, glutton, and crybaby.

Next, Nino. Well... she is good at English and also a good cook that her food even surpasses some 5-star dishes. She is the last one to listen to my teachings. She always gets distracted which made Miku snap, and they bicker over each other. Nino listened but she always prattles when she didn't get the right answer or when she doesn't understand it. She needs to improve her focus. She is friendly yet hostile towards me when I'm close with her sisters. She probably thinks that I will take her sisters away from her.