Chapter Five

Bianca sat in her office, drumming her fingers on the computer keyboard. One elbow rested on the top of her desk. She was clock watching when curiosity got the best of her. She glared into the computer screen. "Let's see who you are, Mr. Carrington," she spoke out loud. Her fingers nervously typed Col to begin a Google search, then she stopped herself, removing her hands from the keyboard.

She couldn't understand why she was intrigued by Colin. He took her by surprise yesterday at Carrington Ranch. Bianca found Colin was very handsome with compelling hazel eyes. They were an unusual mixture of green and brown, with gold flecks. Above them sat coarse midnight brows. He kept his dark hair cropped on the sides. The length he kept on top showed off a natural wave. Colin had tan skin that flowed from within.

Upon meeting him, he didn't smile much. He was serious and downright brooding. She afforded him that, as it complemented his rugged exterior. Hmmm. . . . She noticed him more than she thought. He was memorable.

She leaned back in her chair, biting her lip. He was a Carrington, yet an ordinary guy. He was dressed very casually, in a T-shirt and jeans. But he commanded the room. That disarmed her. She arched her brow curiously the moment she noticed him sitting at the dining table. Grey mentioned taking the day off for family business. Once she saw Colin there, she knew he fit in that equation. Then Ava revealed his identity.

She still remembered Colin's warm handshake. She told herself she didn't want to notice him at all. Why did I have to drop my folder? She was so embarrassed. He was such a gentleman, instantly gathering the papers from the floor and handing them to her. At first she froze, looking at the floor littered with papers.

She didn't want to like him. She was still leery of single, wealthy bachelors. He'd probably broken a lot of hearts with his good looks. She was going to try and limit her interaction with him. Her boss had to ask her to give him a tour of Carrington Enterprises.

A knock at her door put those thoughts on hold. She quickly cleared her search in case it was him knocking. "Come in!" she yelled out, tidying up her desk.

"Good morning Bianca. I wanted to bring you up to speed on some of the new hires.I also wanted to get a glimpse of Colin, if I'm being honest." Her secretary and close friend, Sabine Harlow, pranced into the office. She stood with a stack of messages. "Look at you all dressed up today. Your hair is beautiful. Is that a new perfume you're wearing?" Sabine pressed her finger to her lip curiously.

"Thank you. I'm giving Grey's cousin, Colin, a tour today." She picked a piece of lint from her skirt.

Sabine placed the messages she had been holding on the desk. "Yes, that's why I'm here. I want to see him for myself." She blushed. "I brought the messages so he wouldn't question my presence. Don't mind me. I'll excuse myself once I meet him." She sat down in a chair, crossing her legs, dangling one arm on the back of the chair. She wanted to look natural, Sabine chuckled.

Bianca pressed her hands to her cheeks, smiling.

"Oh, there's a few messages from Jagger there for you. Your ex-boyfriend is still not over you," she stated as if Bianca wasn't already aware of that fact. It had been several months since she had broken up with the rich and handsome Jagger Winthrop.

Bianca's cell phone vibrated against the glass top, of her desk. She picked it up and saw Jagger's name. She placed her phone back down, ignoring the call. An uneasiness rose in her chest.

Sabine folded her arms. "Was that him?"

Bianca nodded.

"My point exactly." Sabine pursed her lips and pointed to the phone. "He doesn't take no very seriously."