Chapter 23.

~Julia~

I cover my mouth in shock.

I can't believe Corrie's back.

I haven't 'seen' her since...

When me and Sasha were in second grade, we met this new girl named Corrie Sims.

Corrie was funny, smart, and fun to be around and we all became pretty good friends..

Until one day..

We had been playing with Sasha's dolls when Corrie said she had to go home and she left.

When we came back upstairs after our afternoon snack, we found that Sasha's special doll was missing.

It was the last thing her dad had given her before he left a year ago.

Sasha started throwing everything around her room looking for the doll and when she couldn't find it, she fell to the ground, screaming and crying.

Her mom ran into her room, trying to calm her down.

"Sasha, baby what's wrong?" Her mother asked, stroking her hair.

"She stole my doll!" She screamed, yanking from her mother's gift.

"Who honey?"

"Corrie! Stupid, stealer Corrie!"

Her mother's eyes widened.

"Sasha... Sa-...Stop it right now!" She yells cutting off Sasha's screeches. "I'm going to invite that girl over tomorrow so you can apologize!"

Her mom stood up with a huff and stormed out.

I didn't say one word because I've seen Sasha act like this before.

The next day, Corrie showed up while Sasha and I were watching tv in the living room.

"Sasha can we talk upstairs please." Corrie said calmly.

Sasha mugged her and followed her but not before whispering to me, "She won't be able to steal anythin else..."

Confused, I turned to ask her what she meant but I never got to.

The next five mintues have been stuck in my head for years.

There was a lot of yelling and then a loud thump followed by louder thumps.

Everything seemed to happen in slow motion.

She screamed all the way down and hit her head on the very last step.

Nobody moved.

The only thing you heard was Corrie running down the stairs.

"I didn't do it I swear! She literaly jumped down the stairs!"

Sasha's mother sprints to Sasha's side and her hands hover over her daughter.

"Josh call 911!" She yells to him with tears in her eyes.

I sit on the couch, stunned, unable to believe what happened.

The ambulance arrives and the EMT's load Sasha on a stretcher.

Corrie's mom arrives and after a brief argument with Sasha's mom, grabs her daughter and angrily leaves.

As they roll Sasha past me, I see she looks to be unconscious.

Or so I thought, because when no one is looking, she opens her eyes and winks, smiling wickedly.

She lays her head back down then closes her eyes again.

After that day, Sasha told everyone that Corrie bumped into her, accidently knocking her down the stairs.

But Corrie stuck to her story that Sasha fell down the stairs and blaned it on her.

Later that year Corrie and her parents moved back to their hometown, Sasha got out of the hospital and acted as if nothing ever happened.

A couple years later, Corrie killed herself and her suicide note read that she blamed herself for Sasha's 'accident'.

The whole town seemed to be deeply saddened except for Sasha.

That same year, Sasha ended up finding her doll in the living room behind the t.v.

I never realized how troubled Sasha was back then since I was so young.

I understand that Sasha feels guilty about Corrie and her pyscological state tries to recreate her personality.

"Cor-Sasha, Corrie is not here anymore." I say calmly.

Josh looks between me and Sasha in confusion.

"Of course I am, silly! I'm right here!" She giggles and stands up. "But guess what? I'm not leaving this time."