17.

"him? out of everyone you choose him?!" niall looked at him as if he was crazy.

"er—yeah...he's kinda amazing" louis smiled fondly cheeks still burning red, "says you" harry smirked and pecked his cheek.

by now, niall feels bad for judging too quick, he didn't like harry obviously, but harry was different now, his aura was different he seemed happier? louis too, niall noticed how happy and free louis has been these few months, it was crazy how two people could make each other so happy.

the way they looked at each other, you could tell they were deeply in love and niall is here for it, it wasn't those one night stands harry has with people, this time you could tell he genuinely cares and loves louis, you could tell all that from just the way he looks at him.

harry looks at louis like he is treasure, louis looks at harry no different, with the same fond look, niall knows love when he sees it, it was like a gift, niall thinks.

just from that niall gives harry a little approval, but he still has to test him to make sure harry wasn't fucking around he can't take another breakdown from louis, it hurts too much for him to see louis like that.

louis is an amazing person that deserves happiness, even if it's harry that is the one that gives him that, as long as louis is happy, niall has no complaints.

"so are you gonna let me in?" niall interrupted both of them as they stare fondly at each other.

"oh yeah sorry" louis blushed, clearly embarrassed.

them three walked into the living room, which still was a mess from their movie date they had a few days ago.

"i'm going to bring the breakfast here alright baby?" harry told louis in a hushed tone, "mm okay thanks hazza" he smiled up at harry.

"so, harry?" niall started.

"yeah...i know he's not the ideal guy you want me to be with but—"

"no, all i wanna ask is, does he make you happy?" niall asked seriously.

"what? of course are you kidding me? he's the reason why i smile and look forward for another day...i want him beside me forever and thinking about that makes me happy...being with him makes me so happy" louis ranted.

"then...i have no point in telling you i don't approve of it, louis, i can tell he makes you happy and you make him happy, a bird can tell that, all i'm saying is that be careful i don't fully trust him...but i trust you, so i'll try and trust him." niall smiled reassuringly.

"that's it? no rants?" louis eyed him suspiciously.

"i only have rants when i have doubts in the guy, but then again, i've never seen you this happy and comfortable with someone before"

"yeah, he's a good guy i trust him" louis says happily as he sees harry coming out of the bedroom with trays of food that he's trying to balance.

louis quickly rushed over to help him carry the trays of food, "thanks boo" harry mumbled out gratefully.

"niall, harry made a bunch of food be a dear and finish some for us" louis called out.

"thought you'd never ask" niall smiled gleefully.

when louis tasted the food harry had made, it was so good that a pornographic moan came out of his mouth.

"how are you this good at cooking...you're an actual angel" louis smiled widely food still stuffed in his mouth.

"i've had experience, now close your mouth when you're eating" harry joked as he ate.

niall didn't say a word, just silently eating enjoying every bite, he had a happy look on his face as he chews, both harry and louis knew the food receives an A from niall.

which is a huge compliment.

once they were done harry was now cleaning the dishes, louis wanted to help but harry just kept insisting he talks to niall and he does it, so he gives up and let's harry do it.

"he's great right?" louis asked niall with a grin.

"yeah, i mean he's a great cook and he has manners, never seen that side of him"

"he's always like that he just doesn't show it"

"yeah starting to get why ya fancy him so much"

"i uh love him" louis corrected him.

"really? does he know?" niall's face was oddly calm.

"yeah...he said it back—why aren't you shocked?" louis had his brows scrunched together.

"it's pretty obvious—the way you two state at each other like you're the only ones to ever exist" niall smiled softly at his best friend.

louis didn't say anything because it was true, they do do that.

harry walked over to them, louis stood up and harry sat at louis's spot bringing louis to his lap which is something louis happily obliged to.

"wanna play a round?" niall asked harry while holding one side of a switch, harry nods.

louis declined, he wanted to be in harry's arms instead, he placed his head at the crook of harry's neck, closing his eyes.

louis could hear harry beautiful laugh and niall's but louis had heard it far way too many times to find it beautiful, but niall's laugh was contagious either way.

harry would often place kisses between games on louis's hair, making louis's smile wider.

after a few games louis's just fell asleep in harry's arms.

harry smiled at the soft snores coming from louis.

"harry" niall finally spoke in a serious tone.

harry hummed a little to show niall to continue.

"what is your intentions with my son?" niall cracked a smile, he can't keep a straight face.

"just want to make him happy" he told him truthfully.

"and are you happy?"

"with him? very"

"good, don't hurt him harry, he has been through quite enough"

"i won't, i'd kill myself before i let anything bad  happen to him" the serious look on his face shows niall that he wasn't joking around.

"good, if you hurt him in anyway i will kill you with my own bare hands"

"if i hurt him in anyway i will happily let you do those things" he was being serious.

niall just smirked.

"i'm going to take off now...if louis needs anything call me" niall told harry before standing up.

"alright" harry pulled louis impossibly closer.

once niall had left harry turned on soft music and closed his eyes letting himself daze off.