3A.10

So sorry for the long wait, life got in the way... To make it up to you all, here's a nice, long chapter.

After I dropped Lydia home and made sure she was alright, I headed straight for Derek's loft. I arrived just as Scott and Stiles finished telling him what happened at the school and the truth about his "lover".

We deduced that Jennifer would go straight for Derek, try and spin her side of the story to get him on her side. So we decided to wait for her.

It wasn't long before our suspicions were confirmed. Scott, Derek and I could sense her before we heard the big sliding door open. Jennifer ran in yelling Derek's name. Derek decided to make his presence known.

She wrapped her arms around him in faux relief. "Something happened at the recital, at the school, okay? I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear it for any of them".

I wanted so badly to rip her head off. I suspected Stiles knew it too because he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together. To stop me from killing Jennifer before we knew where his father was or to comfort me or for his own comfort, I didn't know. All I knew was it became the only thing stopping me from acting on my fantasies.

I hadn't even noticed that I had zoned out until Jennifer spoke again. "They're gonna tell you things - things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me. Promise you'll listen to me".

Derek took a deep breath and nodded.

Jennifer leaned in and kissed him. But she froze and practically jumped away from him. "They're already here, aren't they?"

We used that opportunity to make our entrance.

She glanced at us before turning back to Derek, putting on a fake hurt face. "So they told you it was me? that I'm the one taking people?"

Scott took a small step forward. "We told him you're the one killing people".

Jennifer scoffed and rolled her eyes, pretending to be amused. "Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. Makes perfect sense".

"Where's my dad?" Stiles asked, teary-eyed. I gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

"How should I know?!"

I stepped forward angrily. "You kidnapped me and held me hostage. You weakened my magic!"

Jennifer turned back to Derek. "Derek, tell me you don't believe this?"

We gave him begging looks.

"Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?" Derek asked Jennifer.

"No!"

"Ask her why she almost killed Lydia," Scott intervened.

Jennifer turned back to us with faux confusion. "Lydia Martin? I don't know anything about that!"

"What do you know?" Derek asked.

"I know that these teenagers, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story - and one they can't prove, by the way"

"What if we can?" Scott suggested, pulling out a vial with an ash of some kind.

"What is that?" Jennifer demanded. I heard her heartrate increase rapidly and could tell she was getting nervous.

I let out a breath. "Darling, your acting is terrible".

"My boss told me it's a poison and a cure," Scott explained. "Which means you can use it, and it can be used against you".