CHAPTER 4. [Physical rights.]

The two of them stood outside the massive building, Gi-hun grabbed a small cigarette packet out of his right pocket, lighting the flame up with his blue lighter. He was on a short termed call with his daughter, smiling as he spoke to her. "I hope you're excited! I'll pick you up after school, okay?" Gi-huns friend stood vaguely beside him, waiting for Gi-hun to end the call. "Fried chicken? Hey, you can get something really expensive tonight, don't worry about the price at all! Think about what you wanna eat and make a list during recess, okay?"

"I'll see you at seven then! Guess what I'm getting for the birthday girl! You're not gonna believe what-"

Gi-huns eye twitched at the sight of those who he wished not to come across, men dressed in fashionable clothing appeared in a far distance. "Hey! Gi-hun!" one of their leaders announced, "Hey! Long time no see, huh!" another spoke. "Hey. Ga-yeong, hold on. Bye!"

Gi-hun ran back inside the building as the fashionable men chased after him, screaming for the man to come back. Gi-hun panted, pushing everyone out of his way before knocking himself into a poor girl. She and Gi-hun both tripped, spilling the drink that she held, all over the dirty marble floor. The girl trembled and faced downwards as she sat up, almost looking like she was in shame. "Hey, kid! Sorry! You alright?" Gi-hun quickly said, not even putting effort into cleaning the spill up, soon racing up and running to the mens restroom. He heavily panted as his salty sweat dropped below his face. He grunted as he shoved himself back, pushing his legs off, though the men had already caught up to Gi-hun. "Wait a minute, let me stand up.." Gi-hun pleaded, pushing one of his crooked arms out in defense. "Okay- just.. Look, I got cash, for real." Gi-hun sobbed in fear. "Oh, yeah?" one of the men said, he was wearing a deep blue suit with a golden necklace tightly wrapped around his neck. Gi-hun nodded, "Uh-huh." heavily breathing. "Then why'd you run? Huh?" "Because I.. I've been saving up so I.. I could pay you all the ones I took!" Gi-hun wept. "Goodness, what a trooper. Look at you."

The wealthy man violently tugged and gripped onto Gi-huns brown hair, "So then, how much you got?" he remonstrated. "F..Four million!" Gi-hun trembled, reaching into his coat's pockets. "Take this amount now, I'll pay the rest next month-"  his pockets fell empty, not a single note was left.

Small flashback

 Gi-hun panted, pushing everyone out of his way before knocking himself into a poor girl. She and Gi-hun both tripped, spilling the drink that she held, all over the dirty marble floor.

End of flashback 

The enriched man pounded his hard fist violently onto Gi-huns face, making Gi-huns nose spew out warm the warm red liquid people fear. "Let me see." The man upbraided, pulling down Gi-huns hands from his face, "Poor thing~" he teased, swiping his finger onto the nose-bleed and licking the blood like it was a simple taste test, "Ahh.. Got a sweet taste of it~ Guess you're still eating well.. Spending the money you know is MINE." "I-I swear I had it, tho! I had it- I had your money! Look, I bet on six and eight and they won, I had the cash right here!" Gi-hun wept, pointing to his dull and empty pocket that stood in his jacket. The men grabbed a bowl and a sharp hook, grabbing onto Gi-huns hair like he was some sort of horse. They lowered the bowl below Gi-huns chin and pointed the hook right at Gi-Hun. "Do you know why nose bleeds are so easy to get?"

Gi-hun whimpered in response, shaking and staring at the sharp metal hook quickly drowning in fear. Who knows what they would do with it. "Oh, no! Hey- don't do this! I.. I don't wanna die!" Gi-hun pleaded. "Your blood was TASTY, I think my boys and I should make a nice and delicious soup in it!"

"I'LL PAY YOU! I'll pay you! I mean it, I'll pay you..!" Gi-hun loudly whimpered as the hook went deeply up his delicate nose. 

"Jesus, don't make me feel SORRY for you with all that CRYING."

One of the men there grabbed a form and gave it to the leader, "Wipe off your tears, sign here and your fingerprint." he enforced, pointing at the Physical Rights form, "If you don't pay it off by next month, I'll take.. One of your kidneys. And then after that, I'll take one of your eyes. Okay?" 

---

Gi-hun soon had signed off his physical rights to the horrific men, in a month they would do such deadly things to the poor man if he didn't pay their money back off. This was all too much, he had a 'family', how could he let this happen to him?

---

Gi-hun appeared at the small 'Crane Game' place, fishing for a gift for his lonely daughter. The claw machine beeped its never-ending tunes as Gi-hun tried his best to at-least get one thing for his daughter. A red mark slashed across his face from before, he tried his best forgetting what had happened. The giant claw whired around as Gi-hun decided what he wanted to get for Ga-yeong. Gi-hun slammed his fist onto the bright red 'drop claw' button. As the claw dropped, it picked up a item. The item slid out the hook like butter, enraging Gi-hun. He let out a small frustrated scream.

He had tried for over 5 times now, pounding his fists onto the machinery cursing strong words at it. Almost all his cash had fallen into waste because of the greedy machine. 

On his 7th try, he picked up a plush that looked suitable for those of young ages, "Come on.. That's it, that's it.." Gi-hun praised before the plush fell. "GAH!"

A young boy with a set of soothing brown hair and a small chubby face appeared next to the grumbling man. "Excuse me, sir." the small boy invited, "You need to stop and pick the prize you want first." he offered.

"Does that help you?" Gi-hun fumed. The young boy rattled a plastic bag filled with over 10 soft animals.

---

The claw machine beeped, the young boy was helping Gi-hun achieve the gift of choice. The same old tunes played again. Sweat rolled down their faces, the kid seemed to be a pro at this, his hand movements swiftly changed every few seconds, maybe Gi-hun could finally get a gift for his only daughter. "Ah.." Gi-hun quietly whispered as the claw reached down, it picked up a gift. The two of them clutched their teeth, hoping for the best. "That's it.." Gi-hun praised quietly, "Yes, that's it.."

"OH!" the machine dropped the wrapped gift into the claw exit hole. "Yay!" the kid softly cheered. The two of them excitedly jumped around as Gi-hun held tightly onto the gift like it was his own achievement. Gi-hun started whooping, rattling the gift around, though, he was unknown of what the gift rather was inside.

Gi-hun thanked the boy a-lot before rummaging out the store, engraving a deep smile onto his petty face.