CHAPTER 3. [Pay up.]

Gi-hun stood by in Daehan Bank's ATM room with one of his friends. He entered the pin on his card to the ATM in the collided room with excitement. His excitement changed when the card got declined, "Huh? Hey, it should be my birthday." Gi-hun said. "Pin number changed on you, huh?" his friend spoke, "Guess your mother finally abandoned you, heh." 

Gi-hun looked annoyed, "Hold on.." He muttered, entering the pin once again onto the ATM machine. 'Incorrect pin' displayed on the small screen for the 2nd time, leaving Gi-hun confused, "Oh sh- what did the woman change it to, huh?" "Try her, birthday or, or something." his friend answered with faith. "Her birthday? Her birthday- umm, uh-" Gi-hun said, trying to think. "You're telling me you don't know YOUR mothers birthday? Any kid knows that-" "HEY! Don't say that! I- I do know.. She celebrates it by going by the lunar date, meaning it's not the same every year, use your brain for once.." Gi-hun said with anger. "Then put in the lunar date."

Gi-hun aggressively tapped each number, groaning in his mothers presence.  The ATM beeped in declinement. "Oh, goddamn it!- oh shit!" "Hey, hey, hey, hey! Hold on. They'll block your card if you get it wrong again." his friend said, pointing to the ATM screen, "You really gotta think about this one."

Gi-hun sighed, entering what he thought of. Finally, the machine accepted the correct pin. Both cheered and laughed in this, "What was it? Your birthday?" Gi-hun's friend asked in joy. "My kid's! It's today! Ah~, the old woman cares about her granddaughter more than her own son. Ah shit."

---

The large crowd of gamblers cheered for the horse-racing that appeared in a large screen. Half of the crowed cheered 'go! go! go!' while others pushed to the front. "Yeah! Come-on! Go- go!" Gi-hun screamed ever so loudly. Gamblers shouted for who they wanted to win. "DANG!" Gi-hun and his friend soon shouted in disappointment of who won. "You told me I was gonna win this time damnit!" Gi-hun's friend violently spoke. "Stupid- little jerk!" Gi-hun angrily muttered, "How could you lose with an animal like that!" 

The crowd gathered in separate lines for the tenth race, 'Betting for the tenth race is about to end', a woman on PA spoke, 'please place your final bet.'

"Hey, man, hurry up, will you, please?" someone behind Gi-hun softly spoke, "Hey, buddy. Hey, what are you-" "PLEASE DON'T TOUCH ME!" Gi-hun screamed in rage, "HOW ABOUT YOU LEAVE ME ALONE! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M TRYING TO THINK!" he groaned loudly in anger. Gi-hun voted his bets, hoping that he'd get a chance of winning.

"GO GO GO!" Gi-hun loudly cheered for horse 6 and 8, wrestling his fists. Gi-huns friend looked to the ground in shame of his choice, getting pissed at the sight of Gi-huns excitement. "I did it man!" Gi-hun shook his friends shoulders, jumping around like a small and tempered monkey. The crowd cheered, "Why did you chose six, anyway?" Gi-hun's friend asked, pissed. "DAMN! What did I tell ya? Today's June 8th! 6 and 8, the day my daughter was born!"

---

The cash rattled as each note individually got counted by a note counter. A large smile sprouted on Gi-huns face as it stopped, "Oh thanks, so much!" Gi-hun spoke to the cashier that handed the cash over. Gi-hun raced out of the building, "Hey! Wait up for me, asshole!" his friend called loudly behind him.