Tsukishima's mom just nods. He led the way to Tsukishima's room. She nearly fainted at the sight of her son.

Tubes were connected throughout his entire body. His face was unrecognizable due to the swelling and damage. He had casts on almost every limb except his right leg. She couldn't help but clench her chest. She hesitantly walked over to him, trying her best to not collapse. The moment she went to his side and sobbed hard.

"Kei I'm so sorry," she cried, "This is all my fault, I'm so sorry," she continued until Akiteru arrived. They both cried together, while Tsukishima's body lay still, the sound of his slow heartbeat withers off in the distance. 

━━━━━ • ஜ • ❈ • ஜ • ━━━━━

Beeping could be heard, as well as the cries within the hospital.

"Ugh, where am I?" asked Tsukishima, prying his eyes open. His eyes immediately adjust to the hospital lights decorating the ceiling. While staring at the ceiling, he notices that he feels weightless. He also feels like he isn't necessarily connected to his body. He moves to sit up, and that's when he finally realizes.

He looks down at his body and sees that he's in the same outfit he wore when he died, and underneath him was his actual body. He lets out a yelp and falls off the bed. He sees his injured body on the hospital bed. He also sees his mother and brother both sleeping on chairs next to his bed, dried tears visible on both their cheeks.

"What is this?" he asked out loud, looking down at his hands. He was in his normal clothes and his skin looked really pale, not transparent, but extremely light and pale. He shakily stood up and took note of how light he felt. He walked over to his body that lay still, barely moving for a breath of air. He saw how unrecognizable he looked. The amount of mutilation done to his entire body was indescribable.

"What is going on?" he said to himself. He felt his phantom body start to tremble. He felt the world spin, his hands shakily grabbing the hair on top of his head. He fell on his knees and let out a scream. He screamed for a long time, wanting someone to hear him, tell him that he's just in a horrible nightmare.

But alas, no one came. No one heard his scream. No one was there to reassure him that he was okay.

He got up from the floor and looked at his mom and brother. He hesitantly walked over to them, seeing their tired and depressing complexions. He felt the tears build up in his eyes, freely falling down his cheeks.

"I'm so sorry mom," Tsukishima did his best to hug his mom. He pulled away, wiping a stray tear that escaped his mom's eye. He was planning to stay in the hospital room until he heard doors close and footsteps coming from the other side of the door. He took a deep breath in, looking at his body lying on the hospital bed once more, then looking at his mom and brother, before turning to the door. He tried opening it up, but the moment he put his hand on the handle, he felt through it.

He let out a yep, catching himself from falling completely on the ground. His eyes widened as he turned around and looked at the door that was still closed.

'What?' he thought while walking up to the door, trying to grab the handle again, 'So I really am a ghost.

He sighed to himself, putting his hand back down. He heard the same footsteps and door closing, causing him to turn his head and face the dimly lit hospital. He shuddered at how eerie it was. He heard the noise slowly fade farther into the hallway. He decided to follow it, what more could he lose?

Tsukishima walked through the hallway, hearing the beeping coming from multiple machines. He heard the occasional coughs coming from the rooms he walked by. He made it to the end of the hallway, where he had the option to turn right or left. Before making his decision, he heard a small voice come from the right side of the hallway. He turned right, following the voice. Walking down the hallway, he noticed a patient's door open. The loudness of the beeping compared to a different room indicated that it was open. He quietly stepped to the very edge of the wall, as if he was making sounds while he walked. He peeked his head ever so slightly and peered into the room.